Need computer help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried a bunch of those blockers... and my favorite is called "uBlock Origin." It's free, and like a lot of others it does work. But its advantage is that it doesn't take up as much CPU time or memory space as the rest. I've gotten very good results.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how do I do that.
That is that restore function to an earlier date I told you about. I'm not familiar with whatever version of windows you are running, but there ought to be that function available in some form in that version. I hate it when they change up such important and useful functions when they come out with a "new and improved" version/upgrade in operating systems.

Woody

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
surprised hammer GIF

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open task manager and see what’s running program wise and what processes are running.

You can look all of these up on the web and it will tell you what they are and what they do.
You can stop them or delete them.

bogmin

Marksman
Reaction score
You also may have somehow allowed notifications from troublesome sites in your browser settings. I see that a lot.

Go into your site settings and disable notifications/popups/ads from anything that doesn't look right

Latest posts

Top Bottom