Need help finding something

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To protect the finish on your firearm when you install and remove them from your hooks. You can get the pegboard hooks dipped in plastic (only color I have seen is red). You can also find some flexible clear tubing to cover the metal hooks.
Damn, you guys are awesome. I just asked for the name of the hooks and i'm getting some nice info. Could i use the rubber tubing used to cover electrical wires as well? I'm not too worried about scratches. I'm never selling these guns. They are one of the few things my father left me when he died, so i'll be holding onto them, lol. I just have a lot of stuff in my room, and i'm always having to move my rifles around and it gets annoying. So sticking them on that peg board would solve my issue.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are awesome. I just asked for the name of the hooks and i'm getting some nice info. Could i use the rubber tubing used to cover electrical wires as well? I'm not too worried about scratches. I'm never selling these guns. They are one of the few things my father left me when he died, so i'll be holding onto them, lol. I just have a lot of stuff in my room, and i'm always having to move my rifles around and it gets annoying. So sticking them on that peg board would solve my issue.
Swampratt has the cheapest Idea. I've used those welding rods with the flux removed for many projects.
Go to any automotive store or lowes and get some 1/8" tubing that is the cheapest you can find and thread it on the welding rod after you bend it the way you want.
It sounds like you're not too picky, so go cheap and be done.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, heat shrink is what I used

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See the smiley face after the word dude? That means I was joking. Dont be a ****ing snowflake
I knew you were kidding and so was I, lol. Btw, i didn't see a emoticon. I'm using a security browser that limits **** like that. This is what i see.

Untitled.png

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can make your own with a bucket handle like one of the lowes or HD buckets, and a pair of Kleins (wiremans pliers).
Ya, the quality thing is what i'm worried about. My rifles are pretty heavy, especially the Sig 556. That thing is massive in weight. 11-15 pounds. 90% of that weight is at the front. The AR is a little under, or so it feels. Perhaps the balance is just better, because the front feels light. You don't feel like you are holding a kettle bell with one hand lol. So i'd really hate these things falling off the board.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, the quality thing is what i'm worried about. My rifles are pretty heavy, especially the Sig 556. That thing is massive in weight. 11-15 pounds. 90% of that weight is at the front. The AR is a little under, or so it feels. Perhaps the balance is just better, because the front feels light. You don't feel like you are holding a kettle bell with one hand lol. So i'd really hate these things falling off the board.
Buy a length of cold rolled steel (3ft sections at Ace, Home Depot, etc...)
Get some vacuum tubing from the parts store that just slides over it.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have old welding rod for a stick welder that I use for hangers.
Bend them any which way.
Bust the flux off first.. a few second job.

If you have a buddy that is a welder I bet he has some old rod he would give you.
Does not get much cheaper than that.
A heavy-duty clothes hanger (wire) works great bends easily and will work on 1/4 & 1/8 pegboard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom