Need lighter trigger for Ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
note below method clips the hammer spring, which reduces strike force. a NO NO in my books. your mileage may veri, but I'd NEVER reduce size of hammer spring in any trigger job.

after with stoning with Arkansas white rock, which is so fine it's all but impossible to change sear angles. moly grease works wonders for sear releasing smoothly.

my AR trigger went from 6+ lbs to a very smoooth 3.75lbs. didn't want it any lighter for military rifle.

if one desires a light trigger without spring reduction affecting hammer force. slightly changing sear angles is the proper way to do it. but changing sear angles and keeping it safe should only be done after someone understands how sear angles work. and the difference between a positive, neutral and negative sear angles.

just cleaning/polishing sear/moly lube will improve your trigger a huge amount!
heck you might just be happy enough with trigger job to not order one of those high $$$ AR triggers.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have experienced the wrath of reduced hammer spring (JP 3# in this case btw) last Saturday with Milspec primers. I haven't had a single hick-up with CCI primers on either JP 3# or cut spring method (I had a spare spring from JP install "just to see" - and haven't been disappointed by the free mod).

Latest posts

Top Bottom