Needing some assistance guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was putting a Magpul ASAP ambidextrous sling mount on my new AR and used alot of caution when taking it apart. All went well until the reassmbly. As I was screwing in the buffer tube the retaining pin popped up and the spring is no where to be found. I've moved everything around in the garage and am about to shop vac it to see if I can pick it up. However, I'm betting it's lost. I have the buffer retainer but have lost the spring. I was concentrating on keep the sling mount against the lower so I wouldn't lose or kink that spring that I must have not had the tube far enough in. Where can I find one without having to buy a whole kit? Any help would be appreciated. I'm more disappointed in myself for being careless than the loss of the spring.

Last edited:

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we have one at Outdoor America tomorrow when I get to work, I will let you know.

Thank you for your offer, I truly appreciate it!

The gun gods must have been smiling down on me. After about 30 minutes of moving/cleaning/vacuuming I found the spring in a box on a shelving unit right next to where I was working. I finished the remainder of the install without incident on the kitchen on a large white sheet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a locator set screw from an adjustable gas block somewhere in my shop. Heard it hit the floor, and spent an hour trying to find it on a clean floor. Amazing.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a locator set screw from an adjustable gas block somewhere in my shop. Heard it hit the floor, and spent an hour trying to find it on a clean floor. Amazing.

I spent half a day looking for a Glock Magazine spring floor that goes into a Glock +2 mag extension. It flew off when I did not have the extension all the way on. I tore my two roll away tool boxes away from the wall, swept under them, moved my 8 foot work bench cabinet away from the wall, and more. Have yet to find the little plastic thing yet!!! I even got a ladder and looked along the 4 inch red iron that runs along the walls, thinking it landed and set on them, still nothing yet!

Sometimes chit just gets away and goes to never land!

Latest posts

Top Bottom