Neighbor lost his tree yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind is it? I can't tell from the pic.

I lost a huge tree in my donkey pen from the wind a few days ago. A very large Black Walnut. Now I need to find a buyer for the log.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to have been a very big tree. Might be able to push it back up and hope the roots take again. We only had a few limbs blown down in my area of Norman.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind is it? I can't tell from the pic.

I lost a huge tree in my donkey pen from the wind a few days ago. A very large Black Walnut. Now I need to find a buyer for the log.
The bark makes me think it’s a lace elm. If I’m wrong it could also be a sycamore but I think it’s an elm

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically, it is preferred to do less frequent watering but for a longer duration so it can soak in. Watering trees the way a lawn is watered doesnt encourage it to send roots out seeking water.

I have (2) 1gph nozzles for each of our trees and typically let them run for a 2-3 hours every couple of weeks. As temperatures increase and rain decreases, I will adjust the amount of watering we do for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom