Networks may not air Trump's address

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why doesn't he just do a presidential alert through the cell phones. Think of the havoc that would cause the left, but still perfectly within his right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why doesn't he just do a presidential alert through the cell phones. Think of the havoc that would cause the left, but still perfectly within his right.
Twitter would do the same, but not all of us subscribe. No problem though, as the Trump Derangement Syndrome media will post it for us! :D

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turns out that the op is fake news as all major networks have announced that they will cover the speech.:hypnotize: Why didn't they do that for Obama?
Why do they hate Obama so much and love Trump so much?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See post #1. I guess you just made some angry assumptions about the actual information you posted. Everybody took it from there.

Factually, They aired a GW Bush immigration speech, didn't air an Obama immigration speech, and are now airing a Trump immigration speech.
Obvious Bias toward Republicans in the MSN! I don't think we should stand still for a routine such as this! To arms!:Heya:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went back and checked the date on Obama's immigration speech. He gave it on November 20, 2014, one week before Thanksgiving and near then end of the all-important (to the networks, at least,) November Nielsen ratings sweeps. It was also on a Thursday, which is a huge battleground for the networks. He started the address at 8:01 PM, which meant he would have bumped Sheldon Cooper and company off the air on the last Thursday of the sweeps. I'm sure CBS wouldn't stand for such an insult! He also would have interrupted Grey's Anatomy on ABC, The Biggest Loser on NBC, and Bones on Fox. No wonder the networks rejected his request to air the speech live--especially when there was CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News to carry the speech!

OTOH, Trump's speech is airing in the middle of January and, while the networks are airing new episodes of their prime time series tominght, it's not a ratings sweeps week, so they wouldn't decline to air it on the reasoning that it would pollute the ratings. If they don't air it, it'll be just to spite Trump.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See post #1. I guess you just made some angry assumptions about the actual information you posted. Everybody took it from there.

Factually, They aired a GW Bush immigration speech, didn't air an Obama immigration speech, and are now airing a Trump immigration speech.
Obvious Bias toward Republicans in the MSN! I don't think we should stand still for a routine such as this! To arms!:Heya:
Lol
It’s called reading comprehension. This is the headline:
To air or not to air: Networks face pressure over broadcasting Trump's immigration address

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really can't believe this. So the media thinks they need to govern what we see and hear from our president?!?
The rational they'ld use would be the same as the one used with the Obama speech in 2014.
A lot of people don't want to watch that shi+. It's a calculated business decision, nothing to do with politics. They just don't want people tuning out.
Meanwhile, there are plenty of places to see the speech. Watch it on the news channels, watch it on the web.
Yep! fun thread, though. We've gone from politics to business decision to politics. Then NewsHawk proves somebody's point. Politics or business? Well, it depends. And I misspelled rationale not to mention "they would". Anything else?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom