NEVER buy from palemetto state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at it from their prospective of being in the internet mailorder business.
With todays competitive prices the margins are low and you can't just go hire another dozen people even though you want to.
You have to make do with what you got. So there are only so many hours in the day and you can pack only so many orders per hour.
Every minute you spend on the phone or answering emails with the whinny "I want it nows" is one less box that gets out or one more order that gets interrupted and screwed up.
So OP, please don't order from them anymore so the rest of us can get our orders faster. LOL!

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Ed, I congratulate you sir. Well played Brutus, well played. This WalMart world we live in sure makes it interesting for brick and mortar stores.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would anyone order from PSA if they wanted something immediately? Especially when it's a well known fact that PSA's shipping times are extended, so much so that they even tell you on their website.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like PSA, but I know there could be problems with shipping and service. Think about it from a business prospective, their margins are tiny so volumes have to be insane to drive profits. They have great exposure on the legal and business side and the consumers have none. I think we as consumers are becoming too demanding in the age of the internet. I you expect a+ customer satisfaction from a business that is selling their product for wholesale then you are expecting too much. I was talking to a coin dealer the other day and he said he can only make $50 on a $1300 ounce of gold or his customers think he is screwing them because there are people on the net selling them for $45 over spot. I said so what, they are not here with store front and a person to talk to face to face. I think this is sad and will cause many great stores to go away. People do not understand the time value of money and cost of keeping inventory. So next time you go to a gun shop and they are selling a box of .45acp for $25 (and you think that is not cheap enough) remember that mindset will close the brick and mortar guy down. The gun shop has to profit to continue.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as Bud's Guns. Most folks are very happy with what they do but every now and thing they screw the pooch. High volume has it's benefits and problems.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like PSA, but I know there could be problems with shipping and service. Think about it from a business prospective, their margins are tiny so volumes have to be insane to drive profits. They have great exposure on the legal and business side and the consumers have none. I think we as consumers are becoming too demanding in the age of the internet. I you expect a+ customer satisfaction from a business that is selling their product for wholesale then you are expecting too much. I was talking to a coin dealer the other day and he said he can only make $50 on a $1300 ounce of gold or his customers think he is screwing them because there are people on the net selling them for $45 over spot. I said so what, they are not here with store front and a person to talk to face to face. I think this is sad and will cause many great stores to go away. People do not understand the time value of money and cost of keeping inventory. So next time you go to a gun shop and they are selling a box of .45acp for $25 (and you think that is not cheap enough) remember that mindset will close the brick and mortar guy down. The gun shop has to profit to continue.

I see the stuff about local sellers having storefronts with overhead to cover, and I used to buy into that. But a lot of the sales made thru the internet are made by businesses that also have storefronts with overhead to cover. If they can sell it cheap and still maintain enough profit to remain in their brick and mortar business, locals should too. Having said that, local shops are at a near 10% disadvantage by having to collect sales tax. I usually don't have a problem ponying up the tax to support the hometown guy, but he needs to be competitive on the item price to begin with. It helps too, if he can at least pretend to give a rats ass that your spending your money with him.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the stuff about local sellers having storefronts with overhead to cover, and I used to buy into that. But a lot of the sales made thru the internet are made by businesses that also have storefronts with overhead to cover. If they can sell it cheap and still maintain enough profit to remain in their brick and mortar business, locals should too. Having said that, local shops are at a near 10% disadvantage by having to collect sales tax. I usually don't have a problem ponying up the tax to support the hometown guy, but he needs to be competitive on the item price to begin with. It helps too, if he can at least pretend to give a rats ass that your spending your money with him.

So where do I buy PSA merchandise so I can sell it cheaper than the internet and you will shop my store?????????

Latest posts

Top Bottom