New forum section: Archery & Bowhunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there were more archery posts it might make sense but I don't see the activity to support it in this forum. I've only been bow hunting a couple of years and just took up 3D with my son and really don't feel the need to move it out of here.

Maybe it'll take off but seems to me a lot of new people will need to come along or it'll be a ghost town in there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When bow season comes around, we have a bow hunting thread. Everybody keeps it current with new kills and pics. When bow season is over, it falls off the bottom of the forum, always to stay in history.

When Muzzleloader season comes along, we post pics and story's. When interest falls off, it falls away.

When Rifle season comes along, we post pics and story's. When the interest falls off, it falls away.

Fishing season comes along and we do the same as above

If we are going to have a bow hunting forum, why not have a rifle hunting forum, and why not have a Muzzle loader hunting forum, or a fishing only forum? Some have shown an interest in a pig hunting forum. Why not?

The reason not, in my honest opinion is because a lot of us that never knew each other before this combined hunting/fishing forum have became good friends not only on line, but in person, and some have cross shared hunting/fishing trips because we all learned what interested the other person and were willing to share the experience in real time.

We have a small, sub community in the overall picture of the larger OSA community that has worked very well for the members.

I for one would like to see it continue that way.

We need more opinions please.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When bow season comes around, we have a bow hunting thread. Everybody keeps it current with new kills and pics. When bow season is over, it falls off the bottom of the forum, always to stay in history.

When Muzzleloader season comes along, we post pics and story's. When interest falls off, it falls away.

When Rifle season comes along, we post pics and story's. When the interest falls off, it falls away.

Fishing season comes along and we do the same as above

If we are going to have a bow hunting forum, why not have a rifle hunting forum, and why not have a Muzzle loader hunting forum, or a fishing only forum? Some have shown an interest in a pig hunting forum. Why not?

The reason not, in my honest opinion is because a lot of us that never knew each other before this combined hunting/fishing forum have became good friends not only on line, but in person, and some have cross shared hunting/fishing trips because we all learned what interested the other person and were willing to share the experience in real time.

We have a small, sub community in the overall picture of the larger OSA community that has worked very well for the members.

I for one would like to see it continue that way.

We need more opinions please.

If nothing else, you made a good case for keppin it the same. Only time will tell.

The muzzloading forum is ok. Not alot of postings but whats there is good stuff. Maybe the archery section will be the same.

Either way, Id like to see the hunting and fishing forum moved higher. Hunting involves more guns anyway.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could see hunting and fishing separated. If we have a stand alone archery section, it should be in the weapons area. Because not every archer is a hunter, but every archery hunter is a hunter.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need a mtn lion and jaguar page for the drunks and couch potato's to discuss their sightings.

www.mylespaul.com_forums_images_smilies_thumb.gif

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only speaking for myself, I fish, bow hunt, rifle hunt, and muzzleload hunt. I like seeing all of those things lumped together in one forum. I don't see too much traffic in the forum as being a problem to justify subs. Yes, it would sort things out a little, but that has never been a problem for me. I don't think creating new subs would generate any more new threads than what already occurs, so in the off season, the subs would sit there stagnant and begin to reek.

Slicktricktj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see where there is near enough conversation going on in the hunting section to justify a new category. You can start a new thread and it will stay on the first page sometimes for weeks. I could see it being a good idea if more people posted, but this way we are going to have to jump back and forth or just not use one or the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom