New GOP tax plan is terrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5043469/Families-save-1-182-Trump-tax-plan-claim-GOP.html

Why do I get the feeling this will be Trump's Obamacare moment if he claims it will save the avg family money but it instead raises their taxes?

Messing with my pocketbook messes with my loyalty...steals deductions we count on so they can cut the corporate tax...I'm all for cutting corporate tax to create jobs but it should also increase revenue to the treasury (like it did under regan/kenndy) so there should be no need to reduce or take away middle class tax deductions!

Guess we'll see what happens and if the bill passes.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read up on it, but I just will point out that RINO Ryan is spearheading the thing. And I'm not sure I disagree with the state and local deductions getting the axe or college loan deductions either. Those tax deductions apply way more heavily to blue states than others so I'm for holding them to their word for once. This will be amended all to be damned before it's signed so I'll reserve judgement for a bit longer.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Ryan is involved I won’t trust it until I see the full text of the legislation and a true independent analysis.

He sold military retirees down the road for political gain on legislation a few years ago, so he gets zero benefit of the doubt from me.

If it raises taxes on anyone, especially portions of the middle class, you can’t call it a tax cut.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The dems will say anything to oppose trump...even if it's true from time to time. They don't do it because they are good people; they do it playing politics. So I'm not going to run to their arms because they say something true from time to time when our side messes up. I laughed when I saw Pelosi having to respond and play the conservative card in response to this plan LOL. She never met spending or tax increases she didn't like.

If Ryan is involved I won’t trust it until I see the full text of the legislation and a true independent analysis.

He sold military retirees down the road for political gain on legislation a few years ago, so he gets zero benefit of the doubt from me.

Exactly! RINOS; that's why I'm concerned.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s funnier is watching so called Republicans and conservatives use past democrat talking points to defend the plan. “Lower income families will pay less”, “tax rate for the millionaire bracket will stay the same” etc...

Wait. I thought we thought everyone should pay a flat portion and that rich people carried enough of the tax burden?

I’m solidly in the middle class. As advertised, the bill doubles the standard deduction to $24k but eliminates the $4,050 per person personal exemptions. With three kids, that alone negates the increase in the standard deduction and increases my taxable income.

That’s not a tax cut for the middle class.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s funnier is watching so called Republicans and conservatives use past democrat talking points to defend the plan. “Lower income families will pay less”, “tax rate for the millionaire bracket will stay the same” etc...

Wait. I thought we thought everyone should pay a flat portion and that rich people carried enough of the tax burden?

I’m solidly in the middle class. As advertised, the bill doubles the standard deduction to $24k but eliminates the $4,050 per person personal exemptions. With three kids, that alone negates the increase in the standard deduction and increases my taxable income.

That’s not a tax cut for the middle class.
Exactly...two married working adults at the same job for awhile (hint not 24yrs old) will easily make 6 figures...w/ 3 kids, you still are not rich...I'm tired of the "real" middle class being hit. They view people who make 100k-200k the same people who make 500k-1 million...it's bullsheet. The dems and the rich have convinced society that the middle class is the rich. A perfect scam to keep the focus off themselves and keep a permanent financial blood bank at the barrel of a gun called the middle class.

The democrats are now commies, the republicans are now democrats, and the libertarians are liberals...Remember Jeff Flake was a "tea party" candidate. The real tea party was ron paul and got screwed over...there is nobody else left to vote for.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dems will say anything to oppose trump...even if it's true from time to time. They don't do it because they are good people; they do it playing politics. So I'm not going to run to their arms because they say something true from time to time when our side messes up. I laughed when I saw Pelosi having to respond and play the conservative card in response to this plan LOL. She never met spending or tax increases she didn't like.

Exactly! RINOS; that's why I'm concerned.

The progressive liberal Democrats are just being themselves. They can’t help being idiots. But the infighting, obstruction and ass grabbing in the Republican party is unforgivable. I am really sick of it. Our Oklahoma Officials are doing their jobs, but the rest are worse than worthless because they’re disorganization and petty bickering is aiding and abetting the opposition. Someone (I don’t know who) said: “They are grabbing defeat from the hands of victory.”, or something like that..... Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom