New Pythons on the way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rumor of the python return has been around for years.... I wouldn't expect it to happen. As far as collectors, the older the gun the better. I own #1785 as my oldest (year 1957). After that, the stubbies are highly collectables and the stainless (due to less numbers not walking dead) are the hot ones now.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a Registered Magnum on GB couple days ago with a buy it now price of $5400! And not sure when Dan Wesson stopped producing their 44 Mags but I saw somewhere yesterday that they will start producing this year again, so it said, so I assume they stopped at some point. Would love to have one to go with my DW 357! :)

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thinks its great if colt brings back a DA revolver. Having owned several snakes (python, cobra, diamondback, anaconda) over the years, and although they're nice guns, I wish I still had them so could resell them at current prices.
The only DA colt I now have is the 2" lawman mk3 and its for trade if someone has a S&W that I might want.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my Ruger .357 magnum GP100 but it would be pretty sweet to have a Colt Python, I don't think there is a more iconic .357 in the world. My guess is it will definitely affect the sale prices of current Pythons. They won't drop to what a new one should cost but I'll bet it'll be just about impossible to sell one near current prices after the new ones are released (if they are released). Colt should pay royalties to deputy Rick and the Walking Dead for creating such a market for the Python, they were always popular but Walking Dead made them mega popular.

How is the Colt Anaconda for strength? I know that my S&W 629 V-Comp will handle factory .44 magnum just fine but they don't recommend anything hotter such as Ruger is known for, where would a Colt Anaconda rate? Are they a tank like a Ruger or are they more like S&W?
I'd rate the Anaconda right up there with the Ruger. That thing is massive. It is even bigger than the old Colt New Service and the New Service was huge. If you're interested, Colt stopped making the New Service in 1943 if memory serves. The New Service was the frame on which Colt built their version of the M-1917 revolver of World War I.

Latest posts

Top Bottom