New reality of what it means to be a 'Sanctuary City' hitting home for residents ("Sorry to have awoken you from your slumber.")

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Only in some local elections. Not in federal elections. That’s illegal. Federal law states that it is unlawful for a noncitizen to vote in federal elections and establishes the punishment of a fine, one year in prison, or both for violation of the law.

The House will never pass any amnesty bill to allow illegals to vote in Federal elections. It’s illogical.
But local elections can be just as if not more important than national elections. If the city council, school board, chamber of commerce etc is controlled by liberals, what happens at the national level has minimal effect.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t believe they are fair & accurate either. That’s a different topic.

My post (that you just replied to) was in response to posts #4 & #16 which claimed illegals can already vote and amnesty will be legislated before the end of the summer. I stated it’s already illegal for illegals to vote in federal elections & Repubs will never pass Amnesty allowing illegals to vote in fed elections.
It's also illegal for them to cross the border without conforming to US immigration laws, yet here we are.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's also illegal for them to cross the border without conforming to US immigration laws, yet here we are.
Correct, but I was responding to a post that said illegals will be able to legally vote in federal elections by the end of the summer.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only in some local elections. Not in federal elections. That’s illegal. Federal law states that it is unlawful for a noncitizen to vote in federal elections and establishes the punishment of a fine, one year in prison, or both for violation of the law.

The House will never pass any amnesty bill to allow illegals to vote in Federal elections. It’s illogical.

Go tell the folks in CA that its happening

The entire biden administration is illogical yet look at what they are doing.
Hell look at how the buffoon got into office.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go tell the folks in CA that its happening

The entire biden administration is illogical yet look at what they are doing.
Hell look at how the buffoon got into office.
It’s not happening in federal elections in California, unless illegals are committing federal election fraud, (just like every other state).

Also, I wouldn’t bet anything that illegals will get amnesty to legally vote by the end of the summer. That’s a sure loser bet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (TND) — Leaders of several American cities are sounding alarm bells that they've now reached a breaking point.

"We're here today because we really don’t have a choice," said Gov. Maura Healey, D-Mass., Wednesday after touring a recreational center in Roxbury, Massachusetts ahead of immigrant families' arrival.

But she is facing pushback from residents there, for converting it into a migrant shelter.

"We sympathize with them. We as people in our community, we love. But sometimes we love so much that we spite our own selves," Clifton Braithwaite, a community activist told WBZ.

Some are furious they could lose the facility for the next four months, which serves as a second home for senior citizens and neighborhood kids alike.

Meanwhile, it's all unfolding as residents watch other aspects of daily life grow more difficult.

In an interview with Fox News Thursday, she said when hers and other cities were designated “sanctuary cities,” they may not have thought through how much support would be needed.

"There’s a concern that their local resources are going to be depleted so I think it’s shedding light on what it really means to be a sanctuary city," Murphy told The National Desk.

In New York City there are similar challenges, where a tent camp is growing by the day outside of the major shelter there.

"We don’t have anywhere to live and there’s no work," one man said.

It's a reality many advocates have criticized, including David Giffen, Executive Director of the Coalition for the Homeless.

Questions about making ends meet also loom large for big cities.

Chicago has already spent more than $156 million to pay for migrants.

Denver has spent more than $40 million.

New York City has reported spending $2 billion, projecting $12 billion more if things don’t change.

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...lions-costs-border-migrants-immigrants-texas#
The libs get what they asked for. Thought they were just making a woke statement declaring a sanctuary city/state.
Now they don't like that title so much. The Residents of those cities are livid. Hopefully some Republican will run on that issue and turn the cities red, but it's not likely.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think these dumb@ss liberals will still vote for whatever moron the democrats put on the ticket, but I don’t think they’ll be able to forget about this problem because it’s not going away.
right - it is good to see the blue states/cities get trashed by slojoe&co - this is what it will take to break the back of the democrat party

Latest posts

Top Bottom