New Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD, 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From reading your posts, I know you really are good, even though I was in Force Recon in the Marine Corps, and have been to many training courses, to include the Marine Corps CQB Course, I bet you could sure show me a thing or two about CQB. Would you like to go shooting sometime? We'd have a lot of fun. Maybe you could help me with my quick draw and suggest a better weapons platform for me too. I've been carrying and shooting either a J Frame, a Glock, or a 1911 for a long time but I imagine there are better options for me, I just need some real professional help. We could work out a payment plan to have you chop and tune up my Commander too! Yeah!

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You DO need some Professional help, but not for shooting. I think it would an Honor if okeydoke would join us tomorrow at Big Boy Toys on the range. I know I can always use some tips on shooting, and to have a Master of okeydoke's stature to teach us. Well it would be legendary and priceless.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Cmon Okey Dopey, meet us at BB gun range tomorrow and give us some fast draw lessons! I'm getting kind of excited, you know, all tingly like even, at the thought. I never been around too many real fast bad asses. I'm kinda slow, Jimmy's a little faster, not much though. I guess you could say he's not FAST; he's not SLOW; he's more HALF-FAST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great looking pistola Joel. I cannont wait to buy this off you in a couple months!

Ha Ha! You got me there. Actually, I sold the Govt Model, (made my money back too, for once) and bought this and a few Wilson mags. I intend to hang onto it...really... But sometimes I get this strange bug...and I get all nervous, and a little itchy, and I see a new gun...and I have trouble sleeping, and then...well, you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone who switches up platforms has to do nothing but practice, or be half assed with all 3 platforms. Why not ONE and stick with it? There's belt versions of several of the pocket 9's, ya know.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cause you don't know what's what, that's why. you want a pocket gun, but the J frame aint much. YOu want a .45's power, but also want a double stack. You dont know that standard .45 ammo aint much, and you figure on missing a lot, which is why a double stack appeals to you. Teaching yourself to not disengage the safety sometimes, and other times to do so, is a really bad idea.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the miltary lacks funds or time to bother with the pistol. So any soldier who's any good, got that way on his own hook. I made black belt in Korea, but the Army had nothing to do with it, other than stationing me there. have fun mucking around in the rain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom