New Sports Illustrated Swim Suit issue is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1715955999747.png

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's not unattractive, however as humans we have definitely stopped idealizing beauty. We used to strive for a healthy and firm body, now we strive for that next hamburger at McDonald's. With the ways things have been going I am surprised their Cover Girl isn't a guy, however I think that's been done. I won't be buying another copy of Sports Illustrated again.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's not unattractive, however as humans we have definitely stopped idealizing beauty. We used to strive for a healthy and firm body, now we strive for that next hamburger at McDonald's. With the ways things have been going I am surprised their Cover Girl isn't a guy, however I think that's been done. I won't be buying another copy of Sports Illustrated again.
This is true. Maybe she can cash in on a McDondalds - BigMac endorsement.

I get not trying to make everyone think they have to be 5' 10 and 110 lbs to be beautiful. But do we really want to send the message that obesity is desirable or something to aspire to?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true. Maybe she can cash in on a McDondalds - BigMac endorsement.

I get not trying to make everyone think they have to be 5' 10 and 110 lbs to be beautiful. But do we really want to send the message that obesity is desirable or something to aspire to?
Short answer, yes. Be very curious to see how well these are selling in relation to past issues with much more beautiful models. Not sure if they are trying to make the model happy, overweight people happy or produce a titillating magazine issue. I really think it's no on the latter.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
beauty is cultural and there are studies out there that show what different groups think are 'ideal'. Some places it's small women, others it's bigger women. But it's not a static thing, either within our society or across time.

If this woman feels she is unhealthy, that is her choice how she lives her life. If we want to critique obesity in this country then we probably should start elsewhere though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom