NM Gov Suspends Concealed & Open Carry in ABQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NM has been solidly blue for a long time. Republicans haven't held the senate in NM since 1932 and have only had a majority in the house for two terms...4 years...since then. They've had a little better luck with the governor's office...17 years out of about the last 92. This is nothing new for NM.
About 25 years ago, not long after Oklahoma passed the SDA, I was talking to a guy from NM about gun ownership in NM. He liked the SDA, but said he didn’t think it would ever come to NM because NM was basically run for the benefit of one family, and they were solidly Democratic.

As you said, this ain’t nothing new for NM.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good, but less dramatic news is that the Alb police chief and the county sheriff both issued statements that their officers WILL NOT enforce the governors “order”.

I read the statement from the Bernalillo County sheriff. Good news and bad news. But it also looks like they embrace ERPOs (red flad laws).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the statement from the Bernalillo County sheriff. Good news and bad news. But it also looks like they embrace ERPOs (red flad laws).
Yeah, it’s not quite as clear cut of a “f*** off, Governor” as I’d like to see. Then again, not my monkeys, not my circus.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it’s hard to believe good news these days but there is lots and it’s important that we know the sky is not falling.

“Albuquerque police chief Harold Medina responded to the governor’s order by making clear he will not enforce it. Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen indicated he is concerned the order violates New Mexicans’ constitutional rights.”

NM Governor Issues Order Suspending Concealed Carry for Self-Defense

Latest posts

Top Bottom