No Mow May 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re looking for a reason to not mow your lawn the Monarchs and other pollinators are starting.

IMG_3643.jpeg

I generally don’t mow the part of my yard that has wild flowers. 💐 🌸 🌺

My veggie garden appreciates their attention too.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good info. Years ago we were riding ATV's at Appalachia Bay on Keystone lake. Stopped on a hill and walked down to a beach area with the kids, the Monarchs were there, pretty amazing sight, thousands of them. Back before the days of smart phones and cameras in your pocket, sure wish I had a camera of some sorts that day.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know about the rest of the state but i know where im at its going to be hard to do any mowing since it is showing the next 14 days after today is nothing but rain and thunderstorms so the entire month may be to wet to mow anyway.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My second yard is 15 ac of being the first time this year of being a yard and after spending all last summer and fall of clearing brush and old brushpiles off it and doing some dirt work it is slow so the first 2 mowings this year has taken 3 days of hard mowing to get finished each time hopefully it will get easier and faster in the future.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In typical OSA fashion, I must say that I'm sorry that you are in California. I'm not even sure seeing lots of Monarchs would make it a pleasant experience.
^^TRUTH^^

I can sit on my back deck enjoying the monarchs and humming birds....golden eagles in the trees.....and homeless camps and sirens in the background....all at the same time. The weather and listening to the ocean at night is great, but man there are some major drawbacks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom