Noob here. Ready to take the leap. Choices: SR9c, Bersa Thunder 9 Pro, Taurus PT911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fAlGore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go rent and fire each gun, then pick the one that you like the best. The one that is comfortable in your hand, and you feel you shoot well, then.....well shoot....a bunch.

Good Luck on your purchase.

Practical issue: Went by H&H today. They don't have any of these guns available for rent. They have an SR9, but not an SR9c. I guess that would tell me quite a lot, but I gather the trigger on the SR9c has been improved. Closest I could come to the PT911 would be a Baretta 92.

Any other places around to rent in/around OKC?

Olympicarmsfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the same postion you are in just a few years ago. I made a mistake not doing my research and bought a Hi Point.

The gun shoots great will eat just about anything I put in it but the mag release is to easy to hit on your third follow up shot and causes a jam.

I went back to the drawing board after getting my CCW and looked at all the guns out there.

I put them in my hand looked at what was easy to break down and clean and what gun had a good history to it.

I looked at H&K and liked them felt good in the hand but the price tag way to high.

I then put a Glock G19 in my hand felt good and the price was right and then I found how easy it is to clean. I really like the Glock G19.

The other guns with the new plastic strap on the back worries me a little what happens when that wears out and if the stuff that hold it to the frame of the gun wears out. Im not sold on the grips being able to change out.

I have had only one stove pipe on my G19 and it wasnt the Glocks fault it was the winchester white ammo problem.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you find that you are interested in a Glock, find a FFL that will order one from Bill Hicks. I got a new OD green Glock 33 yesterday for $379 delivered. That price includes the 10% I pay my FFL.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally would go with the SR9C. I have had the SR9 and SR9C and loved them both. And, yes I love the trigger on it also. As with other guns, i.e. glocks, etc. the SR9C can be easily concealed w/ the 10 rd mag or go nicely in center console w/ 17 rd clip w/ grip extension.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
check with Heartland in edmond. i went by the range the other day and it looked like they had 20-25 guns to rent. call em first and see if they have your three.

Latest posts

Top Bottom