Not exactly cord cutting, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ordered at least 4 inside antennas from Amazon and none worked and I am only an est 15 miles from OKC. I just sent back one that cost $41.00. I am looking for an inside antenna that will function properly, any recommendations?
This is the one we have in attic and works great. We're in Tuttle so 15 mi SW of okc. Amazon.com

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have ordered at least 4 inside antennas from Amazon and none worked and I am only an est 15 miles from OKC. I just sent back one that cost $41.00. I am looking for an inside antenna that will function properly, any recommendations?
This is an outdoor 200 mile antenna that I use. It could be mounted in an attic easily as close as you are. Even has the rotator. The TV in my shop that is 100 miles away from OKC or Wichita gets really clear pics. It's just mounted on a 10' piece of PVC outside the door, cord ran underneath.
A lot of my friends use this antenna now.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Ante...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an outdoor 200 mile antenna that I use. It could be mounted in an attic easily as close as you are. Even has the rotator. The TV in my shop that is 100 miles away from OKC or Wichita gets really clear pics. It's just mounted on a 10' piece of PVC outside the door, cord ran underneath.
A lot of my friends use this antenna now.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Ante...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Thanks Dennis, I had one of i used with for my RV and it worked very well. I wanted to put it in my attic and run coaxial to the TV but couldn't get to the wall to drill a hole. So I'm stuck with a marginal rabbit ears at present.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this Mohu Leaf antenna on both my TVs. My bedroom one works better as it faces east/west, while the living room one faces north/south. However, they get all the important TV stations in Tulsa. They are only $20 at Amazon.
71SiMFtFeRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

mohu leaf in action.jpg

Plus, I second the use of Sling TV. I only use it to watch NASCAR now, so I cancelled it last October when the playoffs moved to NBC broadcast. I will resubscribe in April when the Cup series moves to FS1. However, Sling has their own FAST (free ad-supported television) service, Sling Freestream. The nice thing is, it's in the main Sling app so you don't have to have a second app on your device.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Tulsa you can watch Andy on METV 23-2 everyday for free.
You said you got cox internet. Get a smart tv or a roku Haven't watched regular tv in months.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kicking DirecTV Streaming App to the curb, finally. Still have the overpriced Cox Internet though b/c SWIMBO still works from home. DTV started off at $49/mo when I first started it after I bought my Roku. Now it's at $95/mo and they won't budge off the price.

So let me ask all of you Roku/TV experts out there, is there anything out there that takes the place (sort of) for the likes of DirecTV? SWIMBO isn't too happy that she can't watch Andy Taylor every evening.

I know I should probably to back to OTA channels, but I'm not very edumacaed in that regard to what's out there.
Live TV (Network Decide when it on) and Streaming (You decide when you want to Watch) are not the same thing.

Streaming is the only way to go!

Start with Roku and other Free Streaming (Add other subscriptions when you want)

You can watch Andy Griffith on the following.

1704828498720.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom