NY Media Publishes Names and Addresses of Gun Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is just wrong. They are doing it hoping for trouble. There is no legitimate reason to publish info on private citizen who are minding their own business.

Molan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, if that information is publicly available, then the press can do that with little reprucussion. However, they do potentially risk class-action lawsuits for basically providing a shopping list for criminals that circumvents potential criminals from having to get the information themselves through Freedom of Information or doing the physical checking of locations.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oklahoman tried to get this info to print in a FOIA request here a few years back. As far as I know it's still in the courts, maybe finally got shot down, I dunno.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The media is trying to portray gun owners in the same light as sex offenders.
They are trying it make it socially unacceptable to have a gun.
they are trying to reshape our culture by painting gun owners as a fringe element.

I think they will meet with a backlash of popular support for RKBA from republicans and democrats alike. Here is why. There are about 5 million gun owners who are active politically, have joined the NRA, etc. The remaining 75 million are passive.

With the leftists now openly gun grabbing, if even 5 million more are awakened and join the NRA, 2AF and GOA, and write to their political reps and senators, we can put this debate away once and for all, and find real solutions to the gun free killing zones we have created.

It's time to get busy, IMHO, if we want to keep our freedom recognized! Recruit at least one more person into the NRA, 2aF and GOA. Pay for their membership if you have to. I am doing just that. It's worth the $80 or so it costs. And for heaven's sake join it yourself if you haven't already.
Just my 2 cents.....I pray my fellow citizens become more active.
:)

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what happens with gun registration. If the government has information on you, then (rightfully so) the general public has access to that information. This newspaper did a mash-up and created an interactive map of every REGISTERED gun owner in Westchester and Rockland counties.

Just think, they created an interactive SHOPPING LIST for every bad guy out there. Looking for an easy house to burglarize; check the map to make sure they aren't registered to have one. Need a new gun; check the map. What idiots...

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...1011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-

Latest posts

Top Bottom