O/U (as in over and under) Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which O/U To Sell?

• Sell the Ruger

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Sell the Beretta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep both and shoot them!

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i prefer a short gun when upland hunting too. never said i didn't. i have a browning o/u 26" 20 gauge with english stock that is my 'pheasant gun'.

but, IMO - for skeet, trap, 5-stand, sporting clays, it is not the gun to use. you won't see it being used by guys who are competing.

a short, light, quick 26" barrel gun with an english stock is a 'pointing' gun. hard to beat in a quick hunting environment like quail or pheasant.

one thought about keeping or selling. a couple of the guns i now use guys were not using them and i am glad they decided to sell them because they are just what i was looking for.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i prefer a short gun when upland hunting too. never said i didn't. i have a browning o/u 26" 20 gauge with english stock that is my 'pheasant gun'.

but, IMO - for skeet, trap, 5-stand, sporting clays, it is not the gun to use. you won't see it being used by guys who are competing.

a short, light, quick 26" barrel gun with an english stock is a 'pointing' gun. hard to beat in a quick hunting environment like quail or pheasant.

My opinion Exactly!
Most of my shotgun time is for hunting, and do a bit of clay shooting.
The "fit" of the gun can make a huge difference.
I used to call BS on this, until getting into the clay sports.

Latest posts

Top Bottom