Obama and Anderson Cooper's Town Hall on Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found him evasive and somewhat clueless as to why people want to protect themselves/that LEO cant
Sure no one wants to see innocent children and others hurt, so how is background checks gonna help that
Totally evaded the question about adding more LEOs to stop crime, in favor of harassing Legal gun dealers with more inspections
Just seemed evasive....

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like Chicago has a problem from what I keep hearing. :anyone:

maybe they should focus their "powers that be" more towards "why" (poverty, crime, etc...) its an issue and fix Chicago.

and don't forget to buy a shotgun or rifle kids.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
sounds like Chicago has a problem from what I keep hearing. fix Chicago.

Well, if history gives us any perspective, repealing prohibition went a long way towards taming the crime problems in Chicago once upon a time.

Much of killing stopped once black market alcohol bootlegging stopped being profitable. Just sayin'.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am curious to know how many people, in total, watched this. Cooper and Obama both seem convinced of their celebrity but I suspect the other shows at the time drew more viewers.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't watch as I can't stomach the man's face or voice - plus I don't want to encourage him by boosting his and cnns ratings with my viewership. That's the same reason I will not intentionally click on a gun related news story online - except on Fox news.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TIVO, so haven't watched it yet. Did just watch Chris Cox (NRA) response that the NRA didn't accept the invitation to attend because the condition was that they could have one pre-screened question.

While I don't like the president's proposals and I suspect the Executive actions and the town hall are just election year stunts I'm optimistic that the "right" message will be heard. More people will be exposed to the truth. Maybe I'm overly optimistic.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TIVO, so haven't watched it yet. Did just watch Chris Cox (NRA) response that the NRA didn't accept the invitation to attend because the condition was that they could have one pre-screened question.

Wait until you hear ostupids comment on the NRA not being there. He was all over the NRA for not being there, and commented more than once that they always invite them, and they are just down the street, and didn't understand why they didn't come and have a dialog.

Just one more executive lie to put in the books.

Latest posts

Top Bottom