OCWEN Loan Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone had the pleasure of dealing with this fine mortgage company? My home loan got transferred to them and their customer service is awful. All of their call centers are located in India.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, they are awful company to have to deal with. As long as you keep the mortgage paid up using their website, you shouldn't have to deal with their customer service - IF you do, GOD Help you.

We've have our mortgage with them for two years. Luckily we've never been in a situation that requires their contact. It's a black hole from which there is no escape.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are my loan servicing company. I've had to call them twice and what a pain. Basically my propery is split up into a 5 acre tract and a 6 acre tract. The house and 5 acres are taxed separately from the other 6. Obviously the 6 acres without a house gets taxed a significantly lower rate than the property with the house. Unfortunately they paid the 6 acre amount on my 5 acre and house tract.

That of course led to me having to be in contact with the county assessor to try and figure out what was going on. I got it all cleared up and then waited on OWCEN to pay the county the right amount. And waited and waited. Finally they paid. That was in 2011. Then in 2012 we went and did that whole song and dance again.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mystery Men

Captain Amazing: You're a MORON, a MORON, a MORON.

or search the local college for someone who speaks Indian, or Pashtu or whatever.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't dealt with them, BUT, we had 7 different mortgage companies to deal with in 10 years because of them selling our loan. We started with a small company with an office 3 blocks from our house, great people to work with, had them for 6 months. THIS Shiite should be illegal, especially since it is done without your knowledge or approval. We had issues with almost every company we were stuck with. 5 of the 7 screwed up our property tax payments. We had 2 insurance claims in 3 years because of storms. The mortgage company of the day wanted to withhold ALL insurance payment until ALL repairs were made, a certified city inspector approved the repairs, a PAID IN FULL invoice for the repairs was submitted to them and they sent out an inspector to verify and approve repairs (they were in San Francisco), the damages were in excess of $40k . After numerous yelling matches and moving up the ladder of command and getting a lawyer involved, they paid off and sold our mortgage to India. :madbox:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS Shiite should be illegal, especially since it is done without your knowledge or approval.
Putting an end to the negotiability (transferability) of commercial paper (promissory notes, mortgage notes, etc.) would bring the world's banking system to a grinding halt basically overnight.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting an end to the negotiability (transferability) of commercial paper (promissory notes, mortgage notes, etc.) would bring the world's banking system to a grinding halt basically overnight.

true story!

and anytime you are signing loan docs at a closing there is most likely a clause in there that your loan is going to be sold. Unless you are doing a strictly in house bank loan, they are rare but I know of two banks that will do them, I love them!

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can refi away form them, do it. Do it NOW. Ocwen isn't really a mortgage company. They buy loans at risk of default. They act like a collections agency from the get-go.

We had 2 loans through a company years ago. Loans being paid by a trust fund. 2 loans, so 2 checks from the trust, each with the loan number on the check.

Loans were sold to Ocwen. Somehow, the loans were transferred while being processed, so to Ocwen, it looked like one loan was a month behind. We suffered through 2 years of phone calls every month about the loans. And every call was the same, with us explaining that there were two checks coming from a bank in Ohio. It was like no one ever took notes on the call, and no one ever read anything from the preceding call.

And while I don't think there should be a ban on selling commercial paper, there need to be better safeguards in place for the consumer. I put forth effort to get the best deal on my loan, including who takes care of me the best. But that call goes in the crapper when it's sold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom