off road tag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I can look this up, but surely someone will know this answer and I'd rather be on here that wherever that other place is. That little brown sticker I had to buy for my 4-wheeler and dirt-bikes to take them to state lands or wherever all I need them - was that a onetime purchase or are the annual or some other frequency of replacement?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I can look this up, but surely someone will know this answer and I'd rather be on here that wherever that other place is. That little brown sticker I had to buy for my 4-wheeler and dirt-bikes to take them to state lands or wherever all I need them - was that a onetime purchase or are the annual or some other frequency of replacement?
One time deal. That sticker is good in New Mexico too.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

One time. But at each state you may have to buy a temp use one as we have had to. And they will not sell you one with out that Ok Brown Sticker on your unit as well.

Anything built, mfg or sold after July 1st of 2005 has to be registered. ATVs, UTVs and Dirt Bikes etc.
State issues a Title at Registration.

There in lies a problem. Several Dealers sell them to people and tell them they use them on their own property they don’t have to register, which is not the truth. Then people want to sell them or take them off their property to ride and are hit with back taxes on them. I was told that there has been tax evasion charges put on people trying to sell without a title. As well as if caught out of state or in state on public trails they can and will be confiscated for failure to pay the taxes on them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom