Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That kind of thing does make you sick. Hope you find him.

I was granted access to my Creek County spot about three weeks ago. It's all super overgrown, so I had to clear some brush/paths etc. seeing tracks, but it's hard to stay motivated when all I have on cam is one doe in two weeks time ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your experiencing the rut. Nobody is seeing much right now. Be patient is all I can say.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did not sit too long this morning, but at least I saw a spike. Also saw a lone yearling in the middle of a wheat field around 9:45am. Obviously mom kicked it to the curb. I am done until rifle. Disappointing last week compared to how the 10th thru the 15th has been in the past. Hopefully that will change with rifle season.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That's sure an odd rack, or maybe the camo is hiding part of it. Doesn't show well on my phone.
Pass on congrats. He has had a good season. [emoji106]

The right main beam is broke off. It all happened so fast, he didn't have much time to think. I had just texted him to ask if he grunted and bleated. 10 seconds later I hear something crashing through the trees. Shot was 12 yards with the deer coming in looking up at him. The deer must have ducked because the arrow entered the middle of the neck on the left side. The angle was so close that it took out the lung and exited the back of the right front leg.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the buck, pass on the congrats! I've put on almost 600 miles since Friday afternoon from to OKC to Deer Creek to Pond Creek to home to Enid to Ponca and back home and in between another half dozen times. There was a lot of road kill between Perry and Guthrie on I35, all doe from what I could tell. Finally seen a forky on the hoof this evening about 45 minutes ago.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm up this weekend working around my place filling feeder, changing camera batteries, and doing a little mowing in preparation for spring food plots (gonna try again this year), and though I'm not getting much on camera, I saw quite a few riding around on the Ranger and tractor.

This year has convinced me of the necessity to get my killing done early while the bucks are patternable. I'd be losing my mind if I was still trying to hunt a certain buck with the inconsistency in movement right now.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm up this weekend working around my place filling feeder, changing camera batteries, and doing a little mowing in preparation for spring food plots (gonna try again this year), and though I'm not getting much on camera, I saw quite a few riding around on the Ranger and tractor.

This year has convinced me of the necessity to get my killing done early while the bucks are patternable. I'd be losing my mind if I was still trying to hunt a certain buck with the inconsistency in movement right now.

Seriously? Rub it in much? Your tagged out... go back to Texas and stay until next October and quit reminding all of us that haven't shot a deer yet that you shot 2 bucks..we get it. don't need to hear about how you plan to kill more next year....And you know Im kidding right? A little bit jealous but kidding...lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom