Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_8077.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flurry got to the point where I had to have our family vet send her across the Rainbow Bridge a few years ago. We got her from the pound for my oldest daughter for her 13th or 14th birthday. I'm pretty sure Flurry was feral, but she got on well with Kat, & my autistic son, and no one else in the family. Kat enlisted in the Navy in 2013 or 2014, and couldn't take Flurry with her. Flurry liked to sit in the high spots, and lurk. She also lurked around the water dishes scattered throughout the house, and was Death Incarnate on bugs & mice.

When I walked past her, I'd run my hand down her back in a soft pet. And one day, she leaned into the pet! So I started petting her more often. And one day she came and sat in the chair with me and asked to be petted. Soon she was sitting near me or with me regularly.

She started having mouth troubles, and we had to start feeding her soft food, and eventually she lost her last tooth, and couldn't even eat that. She'd always been hard to manage going to the vet, but I told her what I was doing, and she walked into the crate on her own. When we got there, she loved on the vet, the techs, and everyone else. As I have for years, I held her and petted her and told her what a good kitty she was. And that I loved her, and that one day I'd see her at the Rainbow Bridge, and if she wasn't there I wouldn't go there either.

Attachments

• flurry.jpg
    flurry.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 0

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flurry got to the point where I had to have our family vet send her across the Rainbow Bridge a few years ago. We got her from the pound for my oldest daughter for her 13th or 14th birthday. I'm pretty sure Flurry was feral, but she got on well with Kat, & my autistic son, and no one else in the family. Kat enlisted in the Navy in 2013 or 2014, and couldn't take Flurry with her. Flurry liked to sit in the high spots, and lurk. She also lurked around the water dishes scattered throughout the house, and was Death Incarnate on bugs & mice.

When I walked past her, I'd run my hand down her back in a soft pet. And one day, she leaned into the pet! So I started petting her more often. And one day she came and sat in the chair with me and asked to be petted. Soon she was sitting near me or with me regularly.

She started having mouth troubles, and we had to start feeding her soft food, and eventually she lost her last tooth, and couldn't even eat that. She'd always been hard to manage going to the vet, but I told her what I was doing, and she walked into the crate on her own. When we got there, she loved on the vet, the techs, and everyone else. As I have for years, I held her and petted her and told her what a good kitty she was. And that I loved her, and that one day I'd see her at the Rainbow Bridge, and if she wasn't there I wouldn't go there either.

:crying:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess how I spent my day? This was the first of many... But, as you can see, I had plenty of help.

View attachment 427661
From talking to my brother, I don't think the chickens are help. More like supervisors. They watch, and cluck about how slowly you're working, and want it done faster so they can criticize it some more! ;)

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@elwoodtrix - where are you?
Hercules, Ca. Here's a pic of the trail. That pic with the sailboat and other boat in the background. The one in the background is the Ferry coming back from the Port of San Francisco going to Vallejo. It's a really cool ride to the city. Takes like 20-25 minutes and save gas and time in TRAFFIC!!! This pic of traffic is heading South through Berkeley, it was only 2pm
traffic.jpg
walk11.8.1.5.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom