OHP Radar Band

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not true...if he radars the guy in front of you then you get a warning before you get busted; that is 50% of the time so it is still worth it to get the warning from the detector verses not. But yes, otherwise I agree, if it is you by yourself speeding, the detector just lets you know you've been caught. Speeding tickets are another form of revenue collection. A guy doing 72 in a 60 is not the same as a guy doing 92 in a 60...I don't see how these cops live with themselves KNOWING the speed limits are intentionally set too low to increase revenue; meanwhile, THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE LAW AND THE COPS THAT ENFORCE IT will most likely never have to pay for speeding themselves...it is like living in Russia...any cop who claims to be a republican and busts people for stuff he does himself (such as speeding) is serving the totalitarians of the left. That's my opinion.
And then there are people who just speed for the sake of it. If the speed limit were 160, they would do 170.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then there was the time my family was coming back from a funeral in south Louisiana. I was about 10 minutes ahead of my brother. I texted him "po-po on 49". When we stop for lunch, he confesses he got a ticket. Seriously???? Who needs a radar detector anyway?

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget the Rader/Lidar jammers. I want a cell phone jammer with a range of about 100 yards.

Oh man, that would be awesome to have one. Pull up to a busy intersection with the cell phone jammer on and look at all these people tapping on their phones saying "WTF is wrong with this POS?" "Can you hear me, hello? HELLO!" bwahhhahaha

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man, that would be awesome to have one. Pull up to a busy intersection with the cell phone jammer on and look at all these people tapping on their phones saying "WTF is wrong with this POS?" "Can you hear me, hello? HELLO!" bwahhhahaha

And maybe in the process notice the light has changed and not sit through it texting or talking. :)

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be the only OSA member that drives the speed limit and have never had a speeding ticket. Prefer to spend my money on the important things like ammo, reloading components and scotch. :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must be the only OSA member that drives the speed limit and have never had a speeding ticket. Prefer to spend my money on the important things like ammo, reloading components and scotch. :)

The only speeding ticket I've ever gotten was from a OCPD officer (for the obligatory 9 over) right after I met GC ... Talk about timing ... LOL Everybody kept telling me I should ask GC to see if he could fix it for me. I was like "No way ... He's too much of a hardass ..." Sure enough, I was right ...)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only speeding ticket I've ever gotten was from a OCPD officer (for the obligatory 9 over) right after I met GC ... Talk about timing ... LOL Everybody kept telling me I should ask GC to see if he could fix it for me. I was like "No way ... He's too much of a hardass ..." Sure enough, I was right ...)

I hear ya.

My father was a cop after he got out of the Marines for a while, his dad had been one when he was a kid too, was even chief. My dads buddies were cops and bikers. My moms side we have a bunch of lawyers and judges in the family. I have never been in very much trouble with the law. Ive spent 2 nights in county jail in 2 seperate incidents in my entire life, once for drinking on the street (public intox) in Austin Tx during SXSW and another time for fighting in a bar after a gig in Lawrence Ks. I know Im not supposed to be speeding, I just cant help it most of the time because I get caught up in trying to stay up with traffic or I'm trying to get somewhere in a hurry, etc. No excuse for it though when I get caught at it. I also know that realistically you dont really save that much time by going over the speed limit. So then why do we do it? My big azz lifted old 4x4 is pretty uncomfortable at high speeds, it wants dirt or snow, but my little black sport car wants to go fast. So basically, its the cars fault, ya thats the ticket (pun intended).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya.

My father was a cop after he got out of the Marines for a while, his dad had been one when he was a kid too, was even chief. My dads buddies were cops and bikers. My moms side we have a bunch of lawyers and judges in the family. I have never been in very much trouble with the law. Ive spent 2 nights in county jail in 2 seperate incidents in my entire life, once for drinking on the street (public intox) in Austin Tx during SXSW and another time for fighting in a bar after a gig in Lawrence Ks. I know Im not supposed to be speeding, I just cant help it most of the time because I get caught up in trying to stay up with traffic or I'm trying to get somewhere in a hurry, etcetc. I also know that realistically you dont really save that much time by going over the speed limit. So then why do we do it? My big azz lifted 4x4 is pretty uncomfortable at high speeds, it wants dirt or snow, but my sports cars want to go fast. So basically, its the cars fault, ya thats the ticket (pun intended).

Yup, I hear ya (about it being the cars fault ... :naughty:) GC's dad was a cop, too ... I just figured he was ruint before he ever really got a chance to see what life on "the other side" was really like ... :wink2: Poor guy ... :nolike: :D

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The speed limits are created by traffic highway safety engineers and the City, County, State.
Not exactly. They're supposed to be set by engineers, but politicrits keep sticking their oars in the water. If they didn't, the speed limit on highway 9 from Saxon Blvd. to I35 in Norman would be closer to the 60mph the traffic moves than the 50mph to which it was arbitrarily set (in response to problems that actually happened out east of town). Hell's bells, the speed limit was actually higher (55mph) before the Federal speed limit got taken out behind the barn and shot through the head.

I do agree that the cops have nothing to do with setting the limits, though, just like they don't write the other statutes and ordinances they have to enforce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom