OK ... I've waited long enough ... did NONE of you guys see Lacey Swope this morning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THAT pic does not do her justice. Of all the "new" weather-gals, she is by far the prettiest, IMHO ... :)

Well, if you're going to limit the field to weather people, then OK :P But I think there are a couple women in the news in OK who are more sexy, IMHO. Like Brittany Jeffers on Fox 23.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not me. I'd wear her ass as a face mask any day!
Here here!!! Absolutely. Though, I'm still really skeptical if the whole "outdoorsy" side 9 shows us is just marketing gimmick.
Lacey is the one with future lower back problems...
i.imgur.com_OkPxCyB.jpg

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lacey is an Okie through and through. She grew up in the small town of Kiefer, in northeast Oklahoma, where she took pleasure in all aspects of small town life.

Growing up Lacey was always fascinated with the sky, lightning, hail, and yes, tornadoes. As a kid, she remembers lying on a quilt with her mom and watching the clouds pass overhead while debating what animals and shapes they resembled. She would run out in the yard with her dad as soon as storms had passed by to pick up hailstones to measure, and then stick them in the freezer. Then, there's the other end of the spectrum, the dangerous and potentially deadly side to weather. There were the eerie sounds of tornado sirens and the moments when her family would bury themselves in the closet under mattresses and pillows. It was in those moments that Lacey knew what she wanted to do when she grew up. She wanted to be a meteorologist where she could study the atmosphere every day and share her passion of weather with others.

Lacey attended the University of Oklahoma, where she earned her bachelor's degree in Meteorology and minored in both Broadcast Journalism and Mathematics. While attending OU, she interned here at NEWS9 and learned the ropes from the best in the business.

Lacey's first job landed her in Sioux City, IA where she became the weekday morning meteorologist on KMEG 14 News at Sunrise. While at KMEG she forecasted for the tri-state area of South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa. Lacey covered everything from blizzards, to droughts, floods, and tornadoes, including the April 9, 2011 tornado that destroyed 60% of the town of Mapleton, IA.

After time away from home, Lacey feels so blessed to have made it back to her roots and back to Oklahoma. Lacey is honored to be a member of the News9 Weather Team as the evening Weather Producer and on-air Meteorologist.

When she's not in the weather center, she likes to spend time with her husband Tyler, their two dogs; Koda and Hallie, and the rest of her amazing family. Lacey also enjoys anything outdoors: hunting and fishing, shopping, taking random road trips, and of course storm chasing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom