Oklahoma Execution Botched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty much how I feel. We want to deny government lesser powers but have no problem granting it the ultimate power? No thanks.

I'm down with banishment instead. No life, no prison, just banishment...somewhere, anywhere, but you shall be stripped of your citizenship and removed from our shores.

we can't keep illegal aliens out and you think we could actually banish someone, that's cute.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In a media conference, Patton said Lockett's veins "exploded" during the execution, which began at 6:23 p.m. Patton said the inmate died from a massive heart attack.

Isn't potassium the "kill" ingredient, don't they all pass from cardiac arrest?

“that’s an overdose level that they gave him of midazolam, so those levels are still rising in his blood.”

Surgery anesthetic

DOC director Robert Patton left the room for several minutes and was on the phone. He returned to the room and said: “We’ve had a vein failure in which the chemicals did not make it into the offender. Under my authority, we’re issuing a stay for the second execution.”

So I'm reading this as it was botched due to the vein failure...............not the drugs?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or this? How long do we love our murdering neighbor?

Christians are bound by Jesus' commands to "Love the Lord your God" and "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:34-40). We are no longer bound by the harsh Old Testament Law (John 1:16-17, Romans 8:1-3, 1 Corinthians 9:20-21).

Jesus flatly rejected the Old Testament principle of taking equal revenge for a wrong done (Matthew 5:38-41, Luke 9:52-56). He also said that we are all sinners and do not have the right to pass judgment on one another (Matthew 7:1-5). In the case of a woman caught in adultery (a capital offense), Jesus said to those who wanted to stone her to death,
"Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." And once again he bent down and wrote on the ground. When they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the elders; and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus straightened up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, sir." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again." (NRSV, John 8:7-11)
Copied from christianbiblereference.org

So does Ridgehunter believe this murderer should have just been forgiven and set free?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom