Oklahoma Rifle Association ORA opposes open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After our meeting with ORA a few years back, they assigned an emissary to keep OSA up to date with their activities. Some of us at the meeting were convinced that they realized the err of their ways. That lasted all of a couple of months. The ORA is no friend of the Second Amendment. This instance, I must say, is the most egregious I have seen yet. Used to be, they just liked to play NRA style compromise artists, or drop the "we don't want to mess up our good relations with legislators over minor details" line.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ORA is a dinosaur that doesn't have the grace to go quietly into extinction. We need a much better supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights to take it's place. Just like other alleged 2nd Amendment organizations, they've let time pass them by. They're definitely out of touch with the shooting community at large and this is a glaring example of how they think they know what's better for us than we ourselves do. Gee, does that sound like a certain left leaning political party? :(

A while back, a couple of their higher ups attempted to get on here and pretend they cared what the shooting community at large had to say. They were met with rightful skepticism based on past experiences with ORA, particularly from past members like myself. I guess they though they'd get us to buy into their line of thought without question, but they soon went away when they realized that they weren't going to get blind agreement with their outdated points of view. They didn't have the guts to stay and fight for their opinions. I guess opposition isn't something they're used to.

To the ORA: if you're out there watching, do us a favor and shut the hell up if you can't say something positive about a pro 2nd Amendment bill. At least the gutless NRA had the decency to not take a position! :loser:

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm absolutely dumbfounded. Unlike many here, I didn't have the good fortune to be born here in Oklahoma. I'm a California immigrant who got totally fed up with trying to do a gun related business there. In CA., they have a thing called the NRA Members Council, who's sole function in life is to make the existence of Ca. legislators as miserable as possible. Something like that, devoted to the ORA leadership, might be in order here.

Text of email I sent to their Pres, VP and Exec Director:

Gentlemen, thank you for making your position known about this legislation. I am not a member of ORA, and now that this is known, you may rest assured that I never will be. In the course of my business activities I will also recommend in the strongest possible terms against membership to my customers. I will also ensure that businesses in my area know of your position.

Sincerely

Doug Charette – Owner
4 State Gunsmithing
25050 S. 510 Rd.
Afton, OK 74331

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bob, very well said. I don't know much about the ORA at all, but this tells me all I need. Hard to believe "supporters" of gun rights act this way.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Second, allowing citizens, trained or untrained, to carry rifles and shotguns either in a scabbard or with a sling on city streets and into business establishments will create an atmosphere of hostility and distrust, not to mention create fear in those in our society who have an aversion to any type of firearm."

Since the 2nd Amendment is a right guaranteed to me by the Constitution, how about we have some of those people displaying hostility and distrust charged with hate crimes. The laws of this nature should be applied evenly.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The largest block of memberships to the ORA is people wanting to buy from the CMP.
They don't pay attention to what the ORA does or how its changed over the last few years.
In this way the ORA can claim a big membership base to claim it represents the shooting community.
If you notice most of their views seem to mirror the OHP union views not gun owners in general.
That is why Red Castle no longer tells its members to join.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very smart of the members of the anti-gun movement to create the ORA. That way when the public sees a "pro-second amendment" group opposing a pro-second amendment law, they can say "well if they don't support it, it must be a dumb law.". Kudos to your tactics...but I see through your guise.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a bunch of:

at0_gstatic_com_images_0560f5cd552ac14fc2a251729ed67b3c._.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom