One Year Ago Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I though time cruised right along until having kids, it's getting away at an uncontrollable rate now. I'll be one of those dads that fights off sobbing while walking his daughter down the aisle. Here's to JB junior's birthday!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy birthday to the youngin, doesn't seem like it has been a year. But then again, it seems like yesterday when my son was running around in diapers and now he's in college. Time flies, treasure it. I've never heard a person say that they've regretted spending time with those that they love.

:thumbup3: to Infinity!! Last night, my wife and I attended the birthday party for our oldest grandchild celebrating her third birthday. During the evening, I reminded my son that it has been 20 years since he and I went to Philmont Scout Ranch for a backpacking trip when he was 14 years old. That seems like yesterday and he turned three just the day before that.

Tempus fugit!! Congrats, JB, to your son celebrating his first birthday - treasure every moment!!

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I though time cruised right along until having kids, it's getting away at an uncontrollable rate now. I'll be one of those dads that fights off sobbing while walking his daughter down the aisle. Here's to JB junior's birthday!

Been there! One of the toughest things I ever had to do. My daughter asked if I was ok while walking down the aisle, all I could do was nod.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loving, Protecting, Guiding.
I could not pick three more perfect words for a father's duties to his child. You will do alright!

Here's wishing that twenty some years from now, when you have done all you can raising your son, he will present you with a grandchild and you will step up to a whole new level of loving, protecting and guiding.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concrete JB and Happy Birthday Jr. (wiping a tear)

Same birthday as my Dad ( R.I.P.) been 21 yrs since I could tell him HB ftf.

Remember my son being born like it was yesterday, he's 38 and has 7 kids.

Cherish every moment, as I know you will.

And YES, I was about halfway down the aisle with my daughter when I lost it.

Her daughter said she wants me to walk her down. I'll never make it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom