Open Cary Passed House Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree, but it's not the Open Carry bill.

I think you're confusing Open Carry with SA HB2994 the Firearms Fredon Act

From the governors website:

Gov. Henry vetoes gun bill, citing safety concerns for citizens and law enforcement
April 27, 2010

(Oklahoma City) Gov. Brad Henry today vetoed legislation exempting buyers of Oklahoma-made guns from federal criminal background checks and other regulatory safeguards, saying the bill would make it easier for criminals to obtain a wide array of weapons in Oklahoma and endanger citizens and law enforcement officers in the process.

Senate Bill 1685 would also have exempted Oklahoma-made ammunition from any federal regulations.

“I’m a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and have earned an A rating from the NRA, but this legislation does nothing to protect an individual’s right to bear arms,” said Gov. Henry. “What is does do is endanger citizens and law enforcement officers. It abolishes common sense regulations like background checks and gives criminals easy access to a wide array of weapons. This law would harm Oklahomans, not protect them. ”

Law enforcement officials have expressed similar concerns about Senate Bill 1685. In House floor debate, Rep. Paul Roan, a retired state trooper, called the measure a “bad, bad law” that will make “law enforcement in Oklahoma a very dangerous job.

“It’s going to put weapons back on the street that have been made illegal over the years,” said Rep. Roan.

Gov. Henry added that the law also would put the state in court again. Because there would be no way to guarantee that Oklahoma-made guns and ammo would remain in state, he said the law would violate the Interstate Commerce Act and be declared unconstitutional.

“Any state effort to selectively ignore federal laws will certainly draw a legal challenge and result in a costly court battle that the state cannot win,” said Gov. Henry. “It simply makes no sense to continue to pass unconstitutional measures that run up legal bills and waste taxpayers’ money.”

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state cannot win? WTF?? Henry is an educated dumb a$$. Selective laws made to go against the gub'ment would draw lawsuits against the state.? I'm tired as hell of these idiots in gubment. It's tyranny! Dr. Manning said it right when he said "White Folk gonna rise up in this country"! I'm ready.

Rant off.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state cannot win? WTF?? Henry is an educated dumb a$$. Selective laws made to go against the gub'ment would draw lawsuits against the state.? I'm tired as hell of these idiots in gubment. It's tyranny! Dr. Manning said it right when he said "White Folk gonna rise up in this country"! I'm ready.

Rant off.

Be cautious of what you post on a public board..........:smack:

Latest posts

Top Bottom