OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks,
Well we are back from our cruise. 10 days of fun filled dancing, drinking, eating and sight seeing. The only problem was that it was pretty much overcast, chilly and rainy most of the time. But we did have one really nice day in Cabo San Lucas. The worst part of cruising out of the west coast is the time change. It was brutal. Since we worked it, we had to be places to at 11pm, 12am and 1am every night which was really 12am, 1am & 2am our time. It took about 4 days to get use to that.
We work this cruise every year in February. When I say work, we take a private party of about 140 people. We have the different rooms and clubs on the ship reserved for just our group and we teach dances and have private parties/dances in the various clubs at certain times of the day and evening. It’s a lot of fun but a lot of work at the same time.
Anyway, glad we are back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The third person from the home health service way by yesterday to check my recovery process. While the "regular" guy has been pretty tight lipped, the lady yesterday made the statement that I was the "poster child" for recovery from partial knee replacement on both knees. The "regular" guy probably didn't want to tell me how well I was doing so that I wouldn't slack off.

As for the picture of the day, this is one of the "Bleached Cliffs of the Yellowstone."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in November of 2021, we took a vacation to Alabama to get some nature shots at their Natural Bridge and to visit some old forts and the Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile. While in the Mobile area, I took this picture from the hotel on the East Shore. Mobile is in the background and Mobile Bay and Interstate 10 is more in the foreground.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We visited the U.S.S. Alabama and submarine U.S.S. Drum for a walk thru last week.

View attachment IMG_2590.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2589.jpeg

Very interesting. The crew quarters were very cramped but livable.
The most interesting to me any way was the submarine.
Mazes of piping and wiring. Extremely close quarters bunks. Toured every foot of it including the engine rooms which were not allowed on the U.S.S. Alabama.

The pics won’t load correctly. There is a big issue going on with XenFora forum software.

View attachment IMG_2585.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2587.jpeg

Mobile in the background.
View attachment IMG_2586.jpeg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening all,
Drove back up to the lake house tonight after work. Stopped in Tulsa on the way and met one of our members (Nic). He bought one of my G23’s. Nic was a super nice guy and everything went really well.

Have a few errands to run tomorrow morning then taking the dogs for their vet appointment tomorrow afternoon and then helping my neighbor work on his boat a bit.

Friday is range day. Trying to get the CZ 457 dialed in some more. I have it dialed in to 5 shots inside a quarter. Going with a different scope and better ammo to see if I can’t get the 5 shots inside a dime. My goal of course is to get all 5 shots touching or through the same hole. The owner of the LGS is a competitive precision rimfire shooter and has been helping me a lot. I have come to love shooting rimfire. :gun1:

Saturday is hopefully a nothing day. Just relaxing and then we are driving back to the city Saturday night. I may hit the range one more time Saturday morning. Who know.:anyone:

Hope you all had a great Hump Day.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks
Just found a pistol hidden by me I forgot all about. Getting old sux :coffee2: glad I found it

Putting them all in my safe except for the nightstand. Some people scatter them around the house.
Your thoughts....

Found somethin' good, called a cronut

Have a great day!!

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On our Alaskan cruise and land tour in 2005, our ship docked in Skagway, and we got the pleasure to watch three Canadian (either coast guard or navy) ships moor side by side in front of us. When done, one could see a near perfect straight line across the bow and stern of their ships.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

Well my relaxing day turned into a pretty busy one. Nothing bad, just lots of errands that Marcy had for me. This morning she sent me to the grocery store, the bank, the dry cleaners, the tag agency and to get a haircut. I guess I was looking a little shaggy. :anyone: That took up most of my morning. This afternoon we had to take one of our dogs to the vet. He must have fallen or jumped off the couch and hurt himself while we were gone. After x-rays the vet thinks that he may have a pinched nerve. So he gave us a pain reliever, muscle relaxer and a steroid for him to take for the next two weeks. Cha-Ching! 😫Wasn’t expecting that bill today.

Spent a little time working on my neighbors boat but that is an on going thing. I have until Spring (April) to get it done. So not to worried about it. Heading to the range tomorrow. Going to try to get the CZ dialed in some more and taking my edc g43x and my g17 as well.

Hope you all had a good Thursday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom