OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night was a rough one. I put up our shade tent with walls, used screw in anchors on the corners and driven stakes in the feet.
About 11pm last night the RV Shook violently one time.
Then a bang loud enough that our friends across the road came running to see what was happening.
The wind was ferocious. Hard to stand in, then it quit and became calm.
The tie-offs on the shade tent had sheared off on one side putting the pressure from the wind on the other anchor.
Pulled the anchor and slammed into the RV. No damage.
I didn’t get a pic of the big mess last night, just one in the aftermath when getting slightly cleaned up.
The framework suffered some damage but got it repaired as much as possible today and back up.
BTW, that’s a 2.5 million dollar, 45’ long class A Prevost in the background. Great folks in it. We talk to them daily.

IMG_2697.jpeg

Back up!

image.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night was a rough one. I put up our shade tent with walls, used screw in anchors on the corners and driven stakes in the feet.
Then a bang loud enough that our friends across the road came running to see what was happening.
The tie-offs on the shade tent had sheared off on one side putting the pressure from the wind on the other anchor.
I didn’t get a pic of the big mess last night, just one in the aftermath when getting slightly cleaned up.
The framework suffered some damage but got it repaired as much as possible today and back up.
BTW, that’s a 2.5 million dollar, 45’ long class A Prevost in the background. Great folks in it. We talk to them daily.

View attachment 458198

Back up!

View attachment 458200
Glad you didn't have any damage! Some kind of mircoburst type event maybe?

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 458198

Back up!

View attachment 458200
Whoa! Glad you didn’t have any damage Dennis. Yes, that is a nice rig in the background.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my’72 El Camino out to go pick up a Papa Murphy pizza and it was running like crap like never before. I’m not really a mechanic so I was getting depressed. Thought maybe water had condensated in the gas tank so put some additive to help remove that. Popped the hood and stared at the rough running engine and noticed a spark plug wire resting on an exhaust header. Reached to move it and got the sh*t shocked out of me and the engine smoothed right out. Guess I am a mechanic. Ordered some new plug wires.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Popped the hood and stared at the rough running engine and noticed a spark plug wire resting on an exhaust header. Reached to move it and got the sh*t shocked out of me
I bet your hand was numb for an hour or two. Nothing hurts quite like a substantial zap from a good DC source. Ouch!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slept in a bit this morning, helped my son and his ag teacher butcher/clean a few chickens, then changed oil in my 1995 Chevy that my daughter drives.

Found a fuel line leaking last night on my other 95 that the youngest drives; smelled gas around it a few days ago but didn't see it and thought it was from another source. After smelling it again last night, found it was the fuel return line today from throttle body to frame rail by fuel filter. Dang fuel lines aint cheap! Around $115 each at O'Reillys, might have to actually get these from online to save some $$$.

About the time I got done pulling fuel lines out of that truck, phone goes off and have to go to work for 3 hours. Been a full day!

Latest posts

Top Bottom