OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh she loves it. Now I have a Coonhound that hates the rain and snow. The “Big Guy”, a 230 pound Leonberger will lay in it for hours munching on the snow.
mine love it as well

Attachments

• IMG_7705 (1).JPG
    IMG_7705 (1).JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7709 (1).JPG
    IMG_7709 (1).JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@wolfman1 I think it’s rude and disrespectful but I believe it happens because you have two camps. Camp one are the folks like you and me that don’t want to screw around negotiating and put down what we actually want for the item. Camp two can’t begin to understand that concept and think everything is negotiable and in fact they treat it like it’s an Olympic event. It’s as if they get more enjoyment out of haggling then the actual item purchased. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Conversely, I agreed to a seller's price without question for a pistol.
When we met up, he knocked off $40 as he said he overpriced it as he figured someone would want to haggle, so gave himself some room.
I think a lot do that, but he was honest enough to give up his wiggle room and sell it at market.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got pounded with rain again here in east TX on Saturday and Sunday, and it hailed like crazy for about 15 minutes yesterday morning. Fortunately, it was just pea to marble size, but it sounded like it was going to beat the metal roof off the barn. We ended up with 4” in the gauge this time, and the total for the year so far is a little over 16”.
I had planned on heading up to start on a clearing job for an OSA member east of Henrietta, but I got a call on Friday from a guy just around the corner from my house and am holding off until I see what he wants.
IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

Last edited:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has been wanting to see Stevie Nicks in concert since before she announced, and then cancelled, her OKC show last year. Now Nicks is doing a show at Winstar in Thackerville in May, so my wife was pricing tickets when they went on sale last Friday. She asked me to check them out this morning to see what I thought, and while there I went ahead and bought 2 tix.

In the middle of that, I noticed that Brooks & Dunn were at the same place the following night (Friday/Saturday), so WTH, grabbed tix for them too! Should be a fun weekend!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I finally got tired of doing internet stuff on the phone, and the wife has been offering every day to get me a laptop or tablet to do this stuff. So, I'm using her laptop that I use when we are out doing our Summer work and staying in hotels.

Speaking of the Summer work, the state in which we work gives us a series of "records" that are sections of or full highways that they want worked. Those records have been a range from 16 feet to 30 miles in length. In the case of today's photo, Texas gave us a Farm/Market road to work. We started into that road and then ran across a barricade across the road, and this is the reason why.

If one looks closely, one can see a very small spot across the lake that is white in color. That's where the rest of the road sits. In such a circumstance, we work one part of the road, and then the wife creates a copy called the "B record" and then work the last half of the road.

Oh, and by the way, it is good to be back on the forums.
Checking on your health! You doing okay?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I have no intention of doing away with both the walker and cane. I will most certainly be using the walker during the 2 week period after the surgery, and especially so while outside with potential uneven ground. I might use the cane for indoors and on pavement or sidewalks.

I definitely don't want to mess up knees now that they are fixed.

Thanks for your concerns for me.
I've been wondering how you've been recovering! Use the walker, especially while out and about. The tennis balls do help, lol. Are you still on pain meds? or have they weened you off yet? Funny thing, my Dr. didn't recommend Ice as, he said, it slows down healing, so I never did use ice. Got any xray pics????

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have never been to a Mardi Gras parade, much less rode a float, but got asked by the host of the RV Resort to ride their float in the Gulf Shores parade today. Why not? Probably our only opportunity to ever do something like this.
34,000 people on the 1.5 mile route screaming for beads and toys, and we made the evening news!
We had a blast. One of the most fun things ever. Throwing arm is sore tonight tossing out over a thousand items. Bars are hopping tonight on Fat Tuesday.

View attachment IMG_2607.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2610.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom