Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The worst dog bite I ever got was from a Peke. Chewed up my fingers - felt like I was stuck in a garbage disposal. I had trouble using those fingers for months after.

While working at a dog grooming shop, I was getting a golden retriever out if a cage, and it flipped out. I ended up with 10 stitches in my left forearm and a groomer got her hand broken in 5 places. The family said they never had any problems with the dog and after it got hauled off to be "observed" they threatened to sue me if it got put down.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst dog bite I ever got was from a Peke. Chewed up my fingers - felt like I was stuck in a garbage disposal. I had trouble using those fingers for months after.

My dad told me one time that you can count on being bit by the dog you least expect it from -- and every ****ing cat on the planet ... :D He was right. Just in the time I've known GC I've been bit by zero dogs and 4 cats ... Damned cats ... :grumble: LOL The last time I went into the doc she told me I really needed to stop messing around with cats ... :D

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad told me one time that you can count on being bit by the dog you least expect it from -- and every ****ing cat on the planet ... :D He was right. Just in the time I've known GC I've been bit by zero dogs and 4 cats ... Damned cats ... :grumble: LOL The last time I went into the doc she told me I really needed to stop messing around with cats ... :D

Oh yeah... and for every cat bite there's about 2 dozen cat scratches.

Really, we should outlaw cats.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so the lawsuit was filed mainly to recoup her financial losses, right? My point is, if she's petted the dog a "thousand times" in the past, how would anyone know the dog would go after her? It's one thing to be mauled by a strange dog you just met for the first time, where the owners probably knew of its aggressive nature. It's another thing entirely, IMHO, when the dog is one you've been around and petted often. It's too bad her face got messed up, but it's no wonder it caused a lot of problems for the family: "Your dog, which I petted many times before, tore into my face. It's your fault for not keeping it under control!"

That's it right there. It's the unpredictable nature of pit bulls that makes them dangerous. Every owner says they are sweet dogs until it rips someones face off. It's not any different then trying to make a wolverine into a pet. Things are great until they shred you like a hash brown potato.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're talking about a Pekinese in your quote, not a pit. Stop projecting your bias on other breeds.

993463_10202129560351313_1039185382_n.jpg

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's it right there. It's the unpredictable nature of pit bulls that makes them dangerous. Every owner says they are sweet dogs until it rips someones face off. It's not any different then trying to make a wolverine into a pet. Things are great until they shred you like a hash brown potato.

So...you're saying pits are more unpredictable than other breeds? Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom