Ouch this hurt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be fooled. The United States, even with Trump in Office wasn't and hasn't been energy independent since about 1948. Even so, compared to most Nations, we still have some of the lowest pump prices of all First World Countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_energy_independence
I'm not the one being FOOLED!! You do understand that wikipedia is OPINION, not necessary fact, right? Energy independence is complicated! Every oil producing, refining, nation, imports and exports, petroleum products! IF the NET exports are more than the NET imports, that is a pretty good defination of energy indepentce! The USA is the worlds largest comsumer of petroleum products, That fact, and our ability to supply OUR OWN NEEDS, allowed us to set Crude Oil Commonity Prices while President Trump was in office, for the first time in 50/60 years, under both parties leadership, REMEMBER?? Biden went on TV his very first day in office, and canceled all President Trumps policies, and executive orders, that made it possable to suppy our own needs, what was it, because of CLIMATE CHANGE?? it take the exact same number of bbs of Crude Oil to meet the demand world wide, no matter where it is produced, and refined, so how does cutting back production in the USA, and increasing it somewhere else, help world wide climate change???? Benchmark Crude Oil was $34.00 bbl on election day 2020, remember? Today it is $80.42 bbl. and has been as high as $120.00 bbl recently!! FACTS are FACTS!!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not the one being FOOLED!! You do understand that wikipedia is OPINION, not necessary fact, right? Energy independence is complicated! Every oil producing, refining, nation, imports and exports, petroleum products! IF the NET exports are more than the NET imports, that is a pretty good defination of energy indepentce! The USA is the worlds largest comsumer of petroleum products, That fact, and our ability to supply OUR OWN NEEDS, allowed us to set Crude Oil Commonity Prices while President Trump was in office, for the first time in 50/60 years, under both parties leadership, REMEMBER?? Biden went on TV his very first day in office, and canceled all President Trumps policies, and executive orders, that made it possable to suppy our own needs, what was it, because of CLIMATE CHANGE?? it take the exact same number of bbs of Crude Oil to meet the demand world wide, no matter where it is produced, and refined, so how does cutting back production in the USA, and increasing it somewhere else, help world wide climate change???? Benchmark Crude Oil was $34.00 bbl on election day 2020, remember? Today it is $80.42 bbl. and has been as high as $120.00 bbl recently!! FACTS are FACTS!!!
The United States MAY have the means to be 'energy independent', but for me, my belief is that unless and until we actually do meet our energy needs without importing oil/gas from other countries, then we are NOT being energy independent.

I've read that the reason we import is: 1) we're saving our own oil for future use when other countries have run out, and 2) it's less expensive for 'Big Oil' to import than produce, yet they still charge the same high prices as the pump - certainly a win-win situation for them regardless of who's in Office.

And yes, I am aware that 'Wikipedia' is a melding of opinions from multiple sources condensed into a consensus. Many use 'Wikipedia' in lieu of in-depth research because it's easier and quicker.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is that prior to the 2020 election I was paying about $1.90-$2.00 per gal for diesel, post Biden, I'm currently paying about $3.65 per gal and at one time was paying $4.50 per gal.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I know is that prior to the 2020 election I was paying about $1.90-$2.00 per gal for diesel, post Biden, I'm currently paying about $3.65 per gal and at one time was paying $4.50 per gal.
Maybe, but I still think that it's 'Big Oil' and .gov taxes (thanks Congress) that screws with the pump prices more than whomever is in Office. I'm still of the firm belief that the President (whomever that is) is mostly just a figurehead with little power except for temporary Executive Orders. The real power is with Congress (they control the purse strings).

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The United States MAY have the means to be 'energy independent', but for me, my belief is that unless and until we actually do meet our energy needs without importing oil/gas from other countries, then we are NOT being energy independent.

I've read that the reason we import is: 1) we're saving our own oil for future use when other countries have run out, and 2) it's less expensive for 'Big Oil' to import than produce, yet they still charge the same high prices as the pump - certainly a win-win situation for them regardless of who's in Office.

And yes, I am aware that 'Wikipedia' is a melding of opinions from multiple sources condensed into a consensus. Many use 'Wikipedia' in lieu of in-depth research because it's easier and quicker.
When I was teaching middle & high school students, I told them that Wikipedia is not a adequate source for info. It is a good site to get references from, if you check their references. And having those references will help you with search terms and finding other references. Doing anything else is just lazy.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

We were actually meeting our energy needs, for about 3 years during President Trumps Administration! That is why Crude Oil stayed in a stable range, $30.00/ $50.00 bbl. and why fuel prices stayed stable, about $2.00 per gal. and didn't skyrocket every time the middle east hickuped, REMEMBER? , There are literally thousands of uses for petroleum products! All oil producing, refining, nations, will always import, and export, some petroleum products! There are literally DOZENS of different types of Crude Oil, that yield more, or less, of these thousands of different components, from wax in candy, to petrochemicals used to make all synthetic products, asphalt to Iso Butane! The MYTH of the evil oil company, is kinda like the MYTH that Democratic Politicians LOVE, illegal immigrants, poor people, black people, homosexuals, etc. when the FACT IS, THEY ONLY LOVE THEIR VOTES! IN FACT IF ALL THESE PEOPLE WERE SUDDENLY NOT DISADVANTAGED, WHO WOULD VOTE FOR DEMORATS? You my friend are welcome to BELIEVE what ever you chose, but FATCS are readilly avalable to anyone that wants to know what they are talking about! If more Americans would INFORM themselves, on FACTS, we could all make INFORMED DECISIONS WHEN VOTING, THAT WOULD GREATLY BENEFIT EVERYONE, DON'T YOU THINK? Just one more example, of being DELIBERATELY misinformed, look at pipeline safety, compared to transporting Crude Oil by rail tank cars! have a good day!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were actually meeting our energy needs, for about 3 years during President Trumps Administration! That is why Crude Oil stayed in a stable range, $30.00/ $50.00 bbl. and why fuel prices stayed stable, about $2.00 per gal. and didn't skyrocket every time the middle east hickuped, REMEMBER? , There are literally thousands of uses for petroleum products! All oil producing, refining, nations, will always import, and export, some petroleum products! There are literally DOZENS of different types of Crude Oil, that yield more, or less, of these thousands of different components, from wax in candy, to petrochemicals used to make all synthetic products, asphalt to Iso Butane! The MYTH of the evil oil company, is kinda like the MYTH that Democratic Politicians LOVE, illegal immigrants, poor people, black people, homosexuals, etc. when the FACT IS, THEY ONLY LOVE THEIR VOTES! IN FACT IF ALL THESE PEOPLE WERE SUDDENLY NOT DISADVANTAGED, WHO WOULD VOTE FOR DEMORATS? You my friend are welcome to BELIEVE what ever you chose, but FATCS are readilly avalable to anyone that wants to know what they are talking about! If more Americans would INFORM themselves, on FACTS, we could all make INFORMED DECISIONS WHEN VOTING, THAT WOULD GREATLY BENEFIT EVERYONE, DON'T YOU THINK? Just one more example, of being DELIBERATELY misinformed, look at pipeline safety, compared to transporting Crude Oil by rail tank cars! have a good day!
Of course pipelines are much safer for transporting crude oil than it is by rail tank car, but then the railroad conglomerate wouldn't get there immense transportation profits. Yeah I know we don't use the safer pipeline because . . . it's all the Democrats fault (environmentalist, native American sacred land violations, anti-corporation, global hazard, President Biden, etc.) 🤣

Actually in 2022 then President Trump did, in effect, blackmailed Saudi Arabia to cut their crude oil production in order to 'force' the United States petro giants to produce more oil in a bid to not only make us less reliant on foreign oil, but also to increase domestic profits because above all else, Trump is a businessman.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...se-u-s-military-support-sources-idUSKBN22C1V4

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom