Our "Wonderful" President Threatened to Shoot Down Israeli Jets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have seen no evidence that he has ever asserted it, so I don't see how it is important.

It applies to dual citizenship, period. American Indians have dual citizenship by statute, but, following in your tradition, I'll leave it to you to find the relevant section of the US Code. ;)

I also looked for your proof of citizenship and didn't find anything. Does that mean you are not a citizen? That's a rhetorical question btw.

Ask yourself this question; why would all the articles written about Netanyahu testifying before Congress in 2002, include and stress that he is/was testifing as a citizen?

Why does it matter if he testified as a citizen? Why the need to stress that or point it out? I mean Lotsa people testify before Congress and nobody reports they are testifying as citizens.

It's important to be clear and open that his testimony was comming from a citizen rather than a head of State. A head of State testifying would be violating the Logan Act and whoever violates that law could be charged with sedation or something similar. Either way, BiBis lil speech today isn't about testifying, it's just political grandstanding and Bohner will be outplayed by Obama yet again.

This is not about Obama or protocol or the GOP, this is about giving Netanyahoo a platform to pander for votes and try to raise money for his election back in Isreal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thing is, I used that method and didn't find any articles based on verifiable fact. This being the case I'm gonna say that in my opinion you're full of crap.

Of course, I can't post the links to any verifiable facts to back that up. It's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don't believe Netanyahoo is or was a citizen?

It's really not hard to use deductive reasoning if you practice. It's kinda like math. In order to add, you must understand that 1+1=2 is just an equation of giving a numerical value to a thing. Then you add or combine the 2 things together to get a solution or answer.

So just like math we can deduce that Netanyahoo was or is a citizen because he testified before Congress in 2002. He did not testify as a Head of State.

This stuff really ain't that hard people.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At this point Lurk, it just looks like you're throwing a temper tantrum over your tiff with Dennis, and you're willing to cut a nut off to spite your own Ballchinian face. :)

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not believe that he is. As has been pointed out, the "private citizen" reference could simply mean "private citizen of Israel" used to differentiate from "Israeli government official."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask yourself this question; why would all the articles written about Netanyahu testifying before Congress in 2002, include and stress that he is/was testifing as a citizen?
Well, I'd answer, but you've already done so:
It's important to be clear and open that his testimony was comming from a citizen rather than a head of State.
As far as the Wikipedia quote goes, it's a point of clarification, as Netanyahu was not in the Israeli government when he testified before Congress in September, 2002.

I've not seen anything that asserts that he was speaking as a citizen of the United States, only that he was speaking as a private citizen, meaning that he was speaking only for himself, rather than for Israel. If he hasn't asserted that he is a US citizen, why does it matter that he could claim it? That's like being concerned that you could claim to have been a mercenary in Rwanda, although you've never made such a claim, at least as far as I know.

Say, where were you in the early- to mid-'90s, anyway? :bolt:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was a Mod playing Sgt Friday who hijacked the thread. Unless he wasn't wearing his mod hat. Just the facts sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom