Palmetto State Armory RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fast, Low Price and High Quality

Everyone wants all three, but the most you can ever get is two out of three.

There are some places that can do all three. It becomes increasingly difficult as the company grows and volume increases, but it's not impossible.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some places that can do all three. It becomes increasingly difficult as the company grows and volume increases, but it's not impossible.

Or perhaps they are just building a customer base with an eye towards becoming profitable after the promotional phase. (Splitting hairs here probably)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say FBT manages in general to maintain all 3, and I think they're probably fairly profitable. Everyone has a few dropped balls here and there, but some work hard at maintaining.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a fully assembled lower about 10 days ago and just received it. It was listed as a "blem" for $129 shipped and it looks perfect so I wouldn't have minded waiting even a little longer to get that good of a deal.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a PSA dealer, not trolling for business tho, if you're a dealer they have 3 account execs, they actually walk the order thru shipping and it gets shipped the same day or the following day.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know why, but PSA's shipping/inventory (in-stock or not) has always been slow. But they're cheap. If you need something right now, don't order from them.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw somewhere - I don't recalL exactly where - how not answering the phone helps the profit margin?
Thats probably true. Regardless of the industry, a decent CSR will demand $15/hr that's $25-$30/hr to the employer. To break even, that employee will need to generate $400,000-$500,000 in sales.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thats probably true. Regardless of the industry, a decent CSR will demand $15/hr that's $25-$30/hr to the employer. To break even, that employee will need to generate $400,000-$500,000 in sales.

Which is why it makes sense to me that someone in the store will get preference over a ringing phone. I don't think I've ever been in FBT and not bought something. However I've called lots of places and not purchased anything.

Being a business owner, what percentage of phone calls result in purchases, roughly?

Latest posts

Top Bottom