Panhandler signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You see folks at certain intersections holding up signs asking for donations, work for food, etc.

I saw one at about Reno and Classen a few years back that said "Why lie? I need a beer."

Someone posted a great photo some time back showing an obvious street person holding a sign saying "Ninjas killed my family. Need money for kung fu lessons." I think that's my all time favorite.

Mostly you just see "Need help, anything helps, God bless," etc. There is a healthy looking woman who is often at the I-44 northbound exit by Baptist Hospital. Her sign is so old and faded as to make it unreadable.

So what have you seen in the way of creative begging signs?

Bigman405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen one like five summers ago. It was hot as hell, she was posted up on the corner at an empty lot. Had a sign on the hood of her car,said "I NEED GAS MONEY". She was sitting inside the car while the car was running.

okcwizzard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just seen one Friday at I-40 @ Meridian. . Said
" My spaceship broke down, Need money for spaceship parts"
Made us laugh, gave him $10.00
Hey, spaceship parts can't be cheap.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember driving down 71st street in Tulsa some years back and there was a dude riding a bicycle with a Santa outfit on. He had a sign on the back of his bike that said "Will sing naked for a dollar".

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two of my favorite signs on the south side have been the following. I'm having visions of cheese burgers and Looking for work (kinda hard to look for work holding a sign on a street corner ) .

ekmek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always thought it would be funny to have a sign saying,"Spanish-American War vet. Homeless, hungry. Need work. God bless". Wonder if anyone would give me any money.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nakedloon.com_wp_content_uploads_2008_05_panhandlers_full.jpg

www.tonyrogers.com_humor_images_homeless_signs_homeless_signs_11.jpg

www.boingboing.net_filesroot_200904301316.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom