Panic Attacks...help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. Sorry to hear you went through this too. I can use the breathing to control them if I feel one coming on, but the ones that hit full force from the start I can't stop with the breathing.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hope you continue getting better. I've tried all kinds of techniques, but once the attack gets ahold of me there's no stopping it and I have to ride it out. The first meds I was on was Lexapro. I'll never touch that again. Multiple side effects beat me into the ground. They put me on Prozac now. Would you tell me why you wouldn't touch that again? Since that's what I'm on now.

Sorry, that's a hard one to answer here, but I'll say if it is helping you, keep taking it, I'm sure it helping some people.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey just got back from Doc in Edmond(different deal) nice day out there, I think sunshine helps too
Thanks Barrister.... ;)
I started looking at caffeine and my meds too, plus keeping a schedule helps me, I know...;/
Peace On

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see things are looking up for you. Ive been meaning to check back in on here but Ive just been super busy with work. Im curious about what your bad experience on Lexapro was. I've been on it for 3 months and just had my dose increased to 20mg a day. Its been a life saver for me. I wasnt having panic attacks like you. Im fighting through stress induced depression. I am also taking temazepam to sleep at night. Before I was lucky if I got two hours of sleep. Sometimes I think getting the sleep I need has been more of a benefit to me than the Lexapro.

Just remember that everyday above ground is a good day. Stay focused on the good and you will get through this.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I took the Lexapro I went into severe shakes, freeing, severe sweating, immense fear, raised heart rate...it basically initiated the panic attack. I took 1 pill and trashed the rest. The Prozac hasn't given me any problems. They just increased my dose to 40mg. I still get shakes and cold a lot, but the doctor said that's from my body being screwed up from the anxiety and not the meds. I'm on the same sleep medicine as you. It works great, I take it and I'm out in 5 minutes. My only problem with sleep is that I keep walking up at 330-4:00 every morning. I've never had that happen before so I'm not getting enough sleep.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I took the Lexapro I went into severe shakes, freeing, severe sweating, immense fear, raised heart rate...it basically initiated the panic attack. I took 1 pill and trashed the rest. The Prozac hasn't given me any problems. They just increased my dose to 40mg. I still get shakes and cold a lot, but the doctor said that's from my body being screwed up from the anxiety and not the meds. I'm on the same sleep medicine as you. It works great, I take it and I'm out in 5 minutes. My only problem with sleep is that I keep walking up at 330-4:00 every morning. I've never had that happen before so I'm not getting enough sleep.

I don't know that I'd blame the Lexapro... it works similarly-enough to the Prozac that I would wonder if your panic attack after taking it wasn't more coincidental than anything. No matter, though, if the Prozac seems to be helping, then that's great. Be careful, though... some folks here on OSA think you're automagically more prone to instituting and carrying out a violent mass-shooting attack now that you are on an anti-depressant medication. They think your meds should be taken away. Just take extra precautions and make sure your legally-owned firearms don't unduly coerce you into committing violent crimes you wouldn't otherwise consider, since your meds are prone to making you more susceptible to this type of outside control.

Jus' sayin'... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom