Panther LR-308 cheek rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobshain

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was curious as to where I might be able to find a good cheek for my LR-308. It has the same stock as an M-4 as it's adjustable. I'm also looking for a better trigger assembly so that it would have an easier pull to it. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will probably differ from shooter to shooter, but if I, personally, were to just add a cheek rest rather than replace the entire buttstock, I'd go with something that gave me the same feel as a MagPul ACS stock. I've shot an AR with that stock and it was the most comfortable cheek weld I've had. As far as a stand-alone cheek rest, I'm not sure which offer the same feel as the ACS that would attach to a collapsible stock.

As far as triggers, it depends on your budget.. For the price, JP triggers aren't bad, Geissele triggers are nice, but often in the $200+ range, but for my LR-308, I plan on going with a Timney. They seem to satisfy most shooters in most apps and offer the best quality and function for the price.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Mag-Pul makes a cheek peice for the M4 stock, and I think TAPCO also has one. As for the trigger I would go J.P. Or a Gold Trigger. They seem to work about the best in the 308s for ignition power. KurtM

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a Magpul CTR, you have this as an option:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=404

CAA makes one too (I want to say they make one that will fit a regular M4 Stock):

http://www.google.com/search?q=caa+...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CCsQrQQwAg

If you really want a perfect cheek wield, you're probably going to have to get an adjustable cheek-riser (or a Magpul PRS-type stock).

I've seen people put a drill-in type adjustable cheek comb on an A2 stock, but I don't know how you would go about that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom