Paranoid Panetta...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what's the matter with this guy? does he think one of our guys will shoot him?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ked-to-disarm-during-Leon-Panetta-speech.html

for reference....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkDyKHYPO7g

Feeling guilty about how the troops are being treated?
Considering what happened at Fort Hood he knows anything's possible?

Or maybe this had something to do with it...

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is safe after a stolen truck rushed onto an airfield runway ramp around the time his plane was landing in southern Afghanistan Wednesday, Pentagon officials and journalists traveling with him report.

"A stolen truck sped onto a runway ramp at the British military airfield as his plane was landing," the New York Times' Elisabeth Bumiller, who is traveling with Panetta, reported. "Mr. Panetta was unhurt, but Pentagon officials said the Afghan driver emerged from the vehicle in flames."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/p...QDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bet they didn't disarm the soldiers when GWB showed up over there! Anyone know for sure? I'll bet they darn sure dis-arm the troops if the poser-potus dare show up!

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll bet they didn't disarm the soldiers when GWB showed up over there! Anyone know for sure? I'll bet they darn sure dis-arm the troops if the poser-potus dare show up!

I got to see President Bush at BAF in December of 2008 when he made a surprise visit and I was in transit for mid-tour leave. We had to wait hours in line and leave knives and firearms back in our housing area.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No love for the SECDEF...but I'm sure it wasn't his call. Probably someone on his PSD or some senior military staffer.

Gouge I'm getting from some folks is that there were Afghans present, and we certainly didn't want them armed...which led to someone not wanting to 'offend' our 'partners' and giving the order to have everyone take their weapons outside.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No love for the SECDEF...but I'm sure it wasn't his call. Probably someone on his PSD or some senior military staffer.

Gouge I'm getting from some folks is that there were Afghans present, and we certainly didn't want them armed...which led to someone not wanting to 'offend' our 'partners' and giving the order to have everyone take their weapons outside.

With all due respect, f#@k the Afghans. :(

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight, Subsonic!

No big deal. Candidate obama came through there a couple of months before that but I was busy along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border at that time. Heard he got off the plane, shot a couple hoops in a gym and left without really talking to any of the troops. I wouldn't have wasted my time getting out of bed to go see him though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom