Paypal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so i have been wondering. I always buy and sell stuff on craigslist. Always get messages or talk to scammers who want to deal in everything except cash. Usually call their BS right up front.

The other day one guy was talking about paypal. Naturally i declined but was thinking is it safe. Can u get scammed somehow through paypal? Would you guys buy / sell guns with paypal?

Had the same thing, someone wanting to pay with PayPal and couldn't figure out the angle. Only thing I could think of short of talking you out of your password is they would file a dispute claiming they didn't receive the item. PayPal is actually pretty safe and why I couldn't figure out the angle.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard of many folks with PayPal selling an item then the seller claims they did not get the item to PayPay just refunds the cost from YOU account. I can see some real problems with that.

I never keep any money in my account when I do use it, I just stick in what is needed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite right, they will close your account but they can't keep your money. They will send you a check or transfer the balance to your checking account.

It might be 3 weeks or it might be 9 months before they conclude their "investigation" and send you a check.

BTDT with intangible goods - PayPal decided that the spike in sales was too risky even though they never received any complaints.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard of many folks with PayPal selling an item then the seller claims they did not get the item to PayPay just refunds the cost from YOU account. I can see some real problems with that.

Had that happen when I used to sell on eBay. I had delivery confirmation and a signature, and that wasn't good enough for PayPal. I ended up out several hundred dollars. PayPal is very one-sided in the buyer's favor.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a buyer try that with me but PayPal backed me up as I had proof of delivery. Even had a software purchase that was delivered via email go my way when the buyer tried to get it for free. My experience with PayPal has been really good and that is over more than 10 years and hundreds of transactions as both seller and buyer..

Latest posts

Top Bottom