Penned hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are getting a little weird.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1702218225638.jpg
    FB_IMG_1702218225638.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 3

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was out hunting for chukars in the desert around Apple Valley, Ca. in mid 77' and I could swear that I saw a Jackalope.....but then it might of just been the heat or maybe the homemade brownies that my buddy brought along.

View attachment 462979
That one would be a trophy in a year or two.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was working in Kansas when I got the job offer to go to Libya and was sent to Ca. for some training in the desert before heading across the pond and naturally me and the ol' Humpback A5 had to do a little hunting.

Don't know if it was the heat, what they ate or a combination of both but the jack rabbits were tougher than a boot and had a real gamey taste to them, the quail (although bigger than the ones in Kan.) and chukars had a real strong sort of sage taste to them that I didn't care for.....it only took me a hunt or two to figure out that I didn't like the taste of desert critters.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was working in Kansas when I got the job offer to go to Libya and was sent to Ca. for some training in the desert before heading across the pond and naturally me and the ol' Humpback A5 had to do a little hunting.

Don't know if it was the heat, what they ate or a combination of both but the jack rabbits were tougher than a boot and had a real gamey taste to them, the quail (although bigger than the ones in Kan.) and chukars had a real strong sort of sage taste to them that I didn't care for.....it only took me a hunt or two to figure out that I didn't like the taste of desert critters.
You've never had hippy then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom