Pennsylvania Voters Reelect Dead Democrat State Representative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read somewhere that another lady that won her race (not sure what it was) was killed in a car accident yesterday. At least she was alive when people voted for her.

Edit to add:
Velma D. Hendrix, the 84-year-old mayor of Melville, Louisiana, was involved in a two-vehicle crash on Tuesday shortly after 11 a.m., according to the Louisiana State Police. - Fox News

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1668037102546.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That happened in Oklahoma about 30 years ago. I want to say it was a state House race for a district around Poteau, but it could've been a local election. Either way, the guy died after his name was placed on the ballot but before the general election, and a majority of voters voted for him, so he was named the winner.

The guy who lost sued over it, and the Courts ruled that the election was valid, saying that a vote for the dead guy counted as a vote against the other guy, and the voters in the district clearly did not want him in office.

IIRC, they forced a special election to choose a replacement for the dead guy, but I don't remember exactly who won it, though I vaguely recall that the guy who lost to the dead guy also lost the special election.

Latest posts

Top Bottom