Pentagon established Pokemon sanctuaries.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally a place where all the Pokémon can go without fear of capture.

The Pentagon has banned Pokémon Go from all military facilities due to fears of the programs GPS system providing pinpoint location ability of specific rooms and sensitive facilities to foreign powers.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear that a new version is in the works: Pokemon Minefield. Only the most serious players should participate.

(Sometimes I think reality is morphing into a Monty Python skit)

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in during the 80's and early 90's before cell phones. I would think cell phones would be banned from sensitive areas anyway. GPS and other tracking is always on unless you figure out how to turn all that crap off. Even then you find out later that Apple was tracking you a different way and you have to figure out how to stop that. Best to just remove the battery if you don't want to be tracked. They can do it even when your phone is off.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in during the 80's and early 90's before cell phones. I would think cell phones would be banned from sensitive areas anyway. GPS and other tracking is always on unless you figure out how to turn all that crap off. Even then you find out later that Apple was tracking you a different way and you have to figure out how to stop that. Best to just remove the battery if you don't want to be tracked. They can do it even when your phone is off.

With the standard cellphone GPS they can only tell that a certain person is at a certain location at a certain time.

With the Pokémon Go, they get video to go along with the GPS coordinates. So, if you walk by the sign that says "Super Secret Nuclear Research Facility" while chasing a Pikachu, the North Koreans can mark it down on a map and know exactly what it is and where it is.

Much bigger security threat.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish Pokemon would be banned period. It's about as worthless as Facebook and all the other social media sites.

It depends on how you use Facebook. As a grandparent who was living in California with my grandkids living in Fort Worth, I loved Facebook. I was able to see what was going on in my grandchildren's lives. I got the see pictures and video of football games and dance recitals. I got to see them growing up on about a weekly basis instead of once every 6 month to a year if I was lucky.

Now I just have to drive 3 hours and I get to see them live in person. Have one grandson that is just a 20 minute drive away (going to OU).

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish Pokemon would be banned period. It's about as worthless as Facebook and all the other social media sites.

There are a good number of people who are losing weight because they are (finally) getting off their couch to go 'play' pokemon. It might be a bad social commentary about american's sedentary lifestyles, but i guess everyone has to start somewhere.

Oh, and we've book photography clients from facebook, so while i do think there are drawbacks to the service, it does serve a purpose for some.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on how you use Facebook. As a grandparent who was living in California with my grandkids living in Fort Worth, I loved Facebook. I was able to see what was going on in my grandchildren's lives. I got the see pictures and video of football games and dance recitals. I got to see them growing up on about a weekly basis instead of once every 6 month to a year if I was lucky.

Now I just have to drive 3 hours and I get to see them live in person. Have one grandson that is just a 20 minute drive away (going to OU).
I can understand why you liked it. That's way different than just getting on there because of being a narcissist.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a good number of people who are losing weight because they are (finally) getting off their couch to go 'play' pokemon. It might be a bad social commentary about american's sedentary lifestyles, but i guess everyone has to start somewhere.

Oh, and we've book photography clients from facebook, so while i do think there are drawbacks to the service, it does serve a purpose for some.
I'll agree some parts of facebook are good. Business's use it with good results. In emergencies its a way besides text or email to get in contact with people. The give it away for free is a great way to haul stuff to the curb and have it picked up for re-use. All good things.

I don't use it for a reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom