People in Edmond will freak out now ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people in Edmond have this huge fear of Coyotes. A couple of years ago, they put a school on lockdown becuase a teacher saw a Coyote near the playground. Now this story from California will send them over the edge ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/2...southern-california-cemetery/?test=latestnews

Coyote drags 2-year-old girl at Southern California cemetery

Published July 23, 2013 / Associated Press CYPRESS, Calif. – A 2-year-old girl is recovering after she was bitten and dragged by a coyote at Southern California cemetery.

The Orange County Register reports Klarissa Barrera, of Long Beach, was given a rabies shot and treated for a 2 1/2-inch gash on her calf.

She was attacked 10 feet from her mother Thursday as the family visited a relative's grave at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Cypress.

Michelle Luper says the coyote bit her daughter on the back and dragged her toward some bushes. Luper says she screamed and lunged, and the coyote let go.

State wildfire officials later shot and killed three coyotes at the cemetery.

Experts say coyote attacks on people are rare and this was the first reported in Orange County this year.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of coyotes. They're more than welcome to make their final romp through the neighborhood. Neither they nor the neighbors will hear the suppressed round that sends them to the happy pasture in the sky.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted coyotes in New Mexico when I lived there a while as a kid. We used rabbit calls and you had to stay still. I went out probably eight times and only once got a shot (which I missed). I sew them in south Tulsa from time to time.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted coyotes in New Mexico when I lived there a while as a kid. We used rabbit calls and you had to stay still. I went out probably eight times and only once got a shot (which I missed). I sew them in south Tulsa from time to time.

I have inlaws that live in that Bixby/Jenks/Glenpool junction, around 141st and Elm/Peoria. On calm moonlit nights, you can hear them singing like mad down there. It's downright spooky at times.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, I have lived in Edmond my whole life and never heard about anyone being afraid of coyote's or school lockdown. :anyone: Never seen them around either, but I have seen fox's more than a few times around my apartment.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see coyotes now and then in south BA; once at dusk, I saw a column of four or five of them cross an open field and jump over a barbed wire fence, one at a time, and disappear into the woods beyond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom