Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you guys complaining are now going to boycott the show and not watch it anymore, right? Right?

Never seen it, couldn't pick "Phil Robertson" out of a lineup. Not that it matters.

So what exactly did he say? I mean, like what was the conversation? Anyone got a quote?

Already reminds me of the whole Chik-Fil-A thing. And they ended up with MORE of my money out of that.

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Robertson then paraphrased Corinthians from the Bible: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

And if that wasn’t explicit enough, the “Duck Commander” added: “It seems like, to me, a vagina-as a man-would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/18/duck-dynasty-anti-gay/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you guys complaining are now going to boycott the show and not watch it anymore, right? Right?

Never seen it, couldn't pick "Phil Robertson" out of a lineup. Not that it matters.

So what exactly did he say? I mean, like what was the conversation? Anyone got a quote?

Already reminds me of the whole Chik-Fil-A thing. And they ended up with MORE of my money out of that.

Here is a story in the Examiner with Robertson's quotes. There are also quotes from others as well, so read carefully.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Roberts in Hot Water

Oddly enough, the GLAAD spokesman tries to state what Christianity's "message" is supposed to be. He obviously hasn't read the Bible.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its just a matter of time before this may be more true than we realize.

It already is more true than we (want to) believe. It is not even a question of remaining neutral - it is acceptable and lauded if you openly praise homosexuality whereas if you express disapproval, even if you can truthfully say that you do not want to see any kind of legal prohibitions, but simply disapprove of behavior then you are a bigot/legit target/neanderthal and certainly unfit to teach, hold offices of public trust, serve or lead in the military, etc. It is here friend.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well that's it for A&E on my tv. As A&E can make or break someone by a suspension so can the little guys like us. Boycott
A&E and get enough people in on it, which should be a breeze due to the Christian following which hunger for wholesome clean
television, and all the sudden A&E's viewership drops which in turn decreases advertising which in turn decreases revenue.
Simple really.

There's is going to come an action one of these days that's going to ignite a spark. But until people quit thinking that their
voices don't matter anymore that spark will never happen. Lately I have felt as if something really big is just around the
corner. I just don't know what it's going to be and which way it's going to take us.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Robertson then paraphrased Corinthians from the Bible: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

And if that wasn’t explicit enough, the “Duck Commander” added: “It seems like, to me, a vagina-as a man-would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/18/duck-dynasty-anti-gay/

And A&E deemed it necessary to punish him for this because simply disavowing his comments, as they have every right to do, would have been insufficient to placate homosexual activists, who in Liberal circles, wield quite a bit of influence.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that's it for A&E on my tv. As A&E can make or break someone by a suspension so can the little guys like us. Boycott
A&E and get enough people in on it, which should be a breeze due to the Christian following which hunger for wholesome clean
television, and all the sudden A&E's viewership drops which in turn decreases advertising which in turn decreases revenue.
Simple really.

There's is going to come an action one of these days that's going to ignite a spark. But until people quit thinking that their
voices don't matter anymore that spark will never happen. Lately I have felt as if something really big is just around the
corner. I just don't know what it's going to be and which way it's going to take us.

Exactly.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really hope the Robertson clan will all give A&E a collective shove and take their show to a different outlet. Not that
all mainstream media are just a few giant conglomerate's owned by a few wealthy individuals, but to make a statement.
If I remember correctly, DD was the number 1 television show on all of TV and just took that title recently. So make
A&E sweat it a little, and grovel back to them on bended knees for their gross ignorant oversight.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

As close as I remember he said he didn't know what was wrong with a guy preferring a woman's vagina instead of a man's anus. It was his opinion, that was asked in an interview with GQ magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom