Please ask your wife before you sell...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife buys guns for me. Last year I got a SOCOM II, an HK P7 K3 and a Colt WW I Repro 45.
My wife got me a Wilson Combat .45 for my birthday a couple of years ago. Unfortunately after shooting it the next day, when we got home she took it back and said it was hers. Later she did tell me to call up Wilson and order what ever I wanted. That was one expensive gift. She just decided that we needed a larger safe to store the ammo in, so she is getting a used Bear safe for her birthday. Later we wil probably upgrade it to a new fire proof version. They have a great upgrade policy, they will buy you Bear safe for what you paid for it and apply it to a new one.

I do have a very good wife.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt the wife had anything to do with it.

That's an excuse a lot of people use to get out of something.

The day I have to get permission from my wife to buy or sell a gun, is the day I turn in my man card!

Man card or no, after 40 years I go the advise and consent route if it's over a couple hundred

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At my place, The Duly Ordained Head of All Domestic Spending, Savings, Credit, and All-Around Use of Discretionary Income (that's not her full title, but you get the idea) has vacated her position in my establishment, and has since moved on to take up a similar kind of position with some other fool in some other state. That leaves her free to spend my child support money as she likes, while I do what I please with my guns. It ain't the best situation, but its workable.

"Alimony: the money the Happy pay to the Devil" (Henry Louis Mencken).

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've blamed alot of stuff on my wife without her knowledge or concent, you know the old "oh no I couldn't got that low on it, momma would have my head if I did" or "let me ask the wife if it's ok, if I go ahead and buy this" when I've already decided against it any way. However if I've made a deal already with someone on something I'm man enough to honor my word and go through with it. It might be right back up for sale as soon as I get it but I'll always follow through on my word. I had my honor and my word before I was married and (God forbid) if anything ever happens, I'll have it when she is gone. But I'll always have my word/reputation and it will always follow me.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was at the gunshow once, found a screamin deal on a scope. Anyways, after looking at it, (no bargaining had gone on) I told the guy I had to go find my wife, because she had the money... it was true, we'd split the money at the beginning, so one of us didn't have all of it, and I'd spent the part I had. Anyways, when I came back by to get it, he was surprised. Told me most guys that say that are just backing out of the deal.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those man cards get turned in pretty regular these days.

I have had other deals where a man makes a deal with me to only have his wife say no deal. I felt sorry for him, but I have to take his word for what it is worth. It reflects poorly on him but I think it reflects more poorly on her. She did not think enough of his word to stand behind it.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a GP100 that I bought before I got married. My wife would skin me alive if I sold it, it's her favorite range toy. Anything else she could care less about...well my guns anyway, she wouldn't be happy if I tried to sell one of hers. Just like I'd be unhappy if she tried to sell one of mine.

Back to main topic though, once a bargain is struck the deal is done. Time for backing out is before someone says they'll take it.