Poll: Religious Affiltion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Religious Affiliation?

• Religious

Votes: 87 66.9%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Atheist

Votes: 20 15.4%

• Total voters

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who really can really CORRECTLY interpret the meanings of the stories in the bible. It fits whatever meaning you want to give it. What is a Christians?, has too many different responses I think.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who really can really CORRECTLY interpret the meanings of the stories in the bible. It fits whatever meaning you want to give it. What is a Christians?, has too many different responses I think.

That's how it was for us growing up. As an atheist looking in, I really never tried, nor knew people tried to interpret the bible. Growing up going to church three times a week, around a very religious extended family (two preachers, five elders, twelve deacons) it was always taught to be that we (humans) weren't allowed to interpret the words of god. That interpretations were often made according to ones personal agenda/beliefs/aspirations, plus a general thought that who were we to judge gods meanings. Not to say that there weren't underlying meanings, just that if everyone interprets the word of god differently, we'll all never be on a same page. I still like the bible, it's packed full of good fables and life lessons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom