Possible move to Stillwater in late 2023 or early 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnewark

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi OKshooters,

My spouse is interviewing for a faculty role at OSU next month. If she gets the job, there's a good chance we'll move from VA in the late fall or early winter.

What's the shooting sports scene like for that part of OK? I'm currently shooting IDPA but would love to get into 2-gun and USPSA. Are there any private clubs or ranges that are worth joining around Stillwater?

Thanks in advance!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you need a house, let me know. A neighbor of mine is getting one ready to sell and you might be able to get it before it hits the market.

Lots of shooting at a good range near Stillwater. Also, between Red Castle and OKC Gun Club, lots of quality shooting and competition relatively close.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi OKshooters,

My spouse is interviewing for a faculty role at OSU next month. If she gets the job, there's a good chance we'll move from VA in the late fall or early winter.

What's the shooting sports scene like for that part of OK? I'm currently shooting IDPA but would love to get into 2-gun and USPSA. Are there any private clubs or ranges that are worth joining around Stillwater?

Thanks in advance!
I know there’s a small range outside of Stillwater called Camo Corner. Ponca City Gun Club is 45 minutes north of Stillwater and is probably your best option for matches you’re looking for.

I have no first hand knowledge of the two listed above but for something more adventurous, check out the Run n Gun events hosted at The Burial Mound Shooting Center in Pawnee.

Think of a two gun event spread out over a 5 or 10 mile course through the Oklahoma woods with shooting stations along the way. You carry your rifle, pistol, ammo and water the entire way.

They do both a day time and night one twice a year. It’s a great time.

Their website is listed below:

https://theburialmound.com/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there’s a small range outside of Stillwater called Camo Corner. Ponca City Gun Club is 45 minutes north of Stillwater and is probably your best option for matches you’re looking for.

I have no first hand knowledge of the two listed above but for something more adventurous, check out the Run n Gun events hosted at The Burial Mound Shooting Center in Pawnee.

Think of a two gun event spread out over a 5 or 10 mile course through the Oklahoma woods with shooting stations along the way. You carry your rifle, pistol, ammo and water the entire way.

The Ponca City range is only shooting steel challenge matches currently.
The Covid, high fuel prices and ammo shortage resulted in low turnout for USPSA matches. I can’t say if they will ever return. Depends on the match director.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi OKshooters,

Thanks in advance!
What part of Va. are you in? I moved to Ponca City from Smithfield in 1978.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC Gun Club which is near Arcadia (less than an hour from Stilly) shoots USPSA the 1st Saturday of each month, 3 Gun every other month and occasional IDPA matches. Also some GSSF matches too.

mnewark

Marksman
Reaction score

That sounds like a blast. I'm sure it humbles a lot of folks that are great shots, but skip cardio.

Latest posts

Top Bottom